JetPack 3 / Ubuntu 16.04

I just got my Jetson TX2 Developer Kit, which is doing a fine job of running what appears to be a very vanilla version of Ubuntu 16.04. I’d like to put JetPack 3 on it, but my main Deep Learning development system is an MSI laptop running Ubuntu 16.04 (plus some beefy servers at my company’s data centers, but I have no physical access to those). I’m not sure if it would run Ubuntu 14.04, even if I were to install it on an external hard drive (which is at least a possibility).

What are the prospects for supporting JetPack on Ubuntu 16.04? I really don’t want to have to buy another computer just to be able to run JetPack.

Am I missing something? I’m eager to play with my TX2, but currently stymied by this version issue.

I ran it from Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 host the other day to flash a TX2, and it worked without issue.

If you do happen to run into an OpenCV4Tegra host issue while installing JetPack, disable in JetPack GUI under host.

I went ahead and tried that, and I think it basically worked. It got stuck at the very end of the install, when after it says “press Enter to continue” I did that, and nothing happened, but rebooting the TX2 got it past that point, and it looks like everything is where it should be.

Thanks! I was afraid of breaking it, but all good now.

Thank you for your comment. I also got stuck at the very end of the install. I tried your solution (rebooting the TX2) and got the installation complete screen on the host machine.