Drive PX2 or Jetson TX2 phys connection and software for CAN bus

I’m turning to to the Drive forum as there is deafening silence on the Jetson forum re how to connect a TX2 to a car’s CAN bus (specifically a BMW, but not necessarily limited to) and what software / lib to use to get sth like steering angles.

As the Drive is dedicated for car use, but the CAN bus is new on the TX2 dev board I hope to get the professional info here.

The cable should not be that much of a problem (dug out the CAN pins of the TX2’s J26 connector), but then the mystery begins.

Can I get all the CAN data on the OBD and does a cable OBD - J26 do (wake, stby, TX, RX, err) or are there sub-buses?

As the TX2 w/ dev board seems pretty similar to the PX2 Autocruise I guess the lib to use should be the same. DriveWorks on the TX2?

Thanks
G.

Hello gue22,

I think this topic is discussing on Jetson & Embedded Systems. Please see below. Thanks.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1002435/jetson-tx2/obd-can-bus-connector-tx2-bmw/

“I think this topic is discussing on Jetson & Embedded Systems.”

Come on, @SteveNV, that’s exactly the thread I started and was frustrated with and referred to above:
“I’m turning to to the Drive forum as there is deafening silence on the Jetson forum” e.g. how to read out steering angles…

The PX2 is THE system practically used AFAIK by Tesla and Audi and who not and I can’t get any tips here if I can get angles via the OBD (generally, or specifically a newer BMW or only on sth like the widely used Ford Lincoln MKZ or the somewhere quoted Kia Soul) or I need to attach somewhere else on the bus…?