Compiling UE4 with nVidiaPhysx

Hey guys,

I’ve been trying for days days to compile the Physx samples of Nvidia for UE4 , the ones on Github. I failed over and over , and I’m so close but I don’t know what is wrong.

I’ve never compiled the engine before, I never used github until I discovered Nvidida Gameworks…

These were my steps:

Download .zip/ Pull Engine source from gameworks repo on Github.

Run Setup.bat

Generate .proj files.bat

open Visual Studio Community 2015

setting up in “Dev Editor mode” and “Win64” , right click UE4 and Build.

The error I get goes like this:

Error MSB3075
The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

Error Failed to produce item: C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine-FleX-4.15.0\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\ShaderCompileWorker\Development\ShaderCompileWorker-Core.lib ShaderCompileWorker C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine-FleX-4.15.0\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1

Error Failed to produce item: C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine-FleX-4.15.0\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealHeaderTool\Development\UnrealHeaderTool-Core.lib UE4 C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine-FleX-4.15.0\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1

Error
UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘UE4Editor’ (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine-FleX-4.15.0\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)). UE4 C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine-FleX-4.15.0\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1

Error C1083
Cannot open include file: ‘nldef.h’: No such file or directory ShaderCompileWorker C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\ipmib.h 37

Error C1083
Cannot open include file: ‘nldef.h’: No such file or directory UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\ipmib.h 37

Error MSB3075
The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. ShaderCompileWorker C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

It seems like there is one include file (nldef.h) missing in the windows 8.1 SDK the Visual studio can’t find. But it’s also not there.

UPDATE: I REINSTALLED THE WINDOWS SDK AND IT WORKED but now there is another error showing up (so unexpected) :

New Error Error LNK1181 cannot open input file ‘GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.lib’ ShaderCompileWorker C:\Users\Selim\Desktop\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK 1

Error Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Selim\Desktop\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\ShaderCompileWorker-RHI.dll ShaderCompileWorker C:\Users\Selim\Desktop\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1

Error MSB3075 The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. ShaderCompileWorker C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

I tried to compile the Engine alot of times , I also saw the updates recently made, which i also tried to compile: - Flex for UE4.15 - Cataclysm demo for UE4.15 (updated 3 days ago) - List item

I tried them all but I always get stuck at the visual studio part of the compilation. There always an error popping up. I’m very grateful for any help.

请多试几次,编译,我试了四次 Setup.bat 。才成功的,4.15编译版。 祝你好运。