E: Unable to locate package libgie1

Hi:
When I did the command " sudo apt-get install libgie1" on the TX1.What should I do for this? I have also add the sources"deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial -updates universe" in the /etc/apt/sources.list.

I used JetPack3.0 before on the ubuntu host, but this time I only can use JetPack3.1. And when I changed to the JetPack3.0, it could not download anything message and dispalyed error.

Thanks!

Hi WordZzzz,

Could you try again with moving JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run to a clean folder?

Hi:
It doesn’t work for me. I uninstall the JetPack-L4T-3.0 and all models of it, and mkdir a new folder to run JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run. There are some errors when I install the VisionWorks Pack on the ubuntu14.04 host and when I install the TensorRT on the TX1.

I want to know why I cann’t change the edition as the JetPack-L4T-3.0 after the JetPack-L4T-3.1 is released, is it a BUG?

Hi WordZzzz,

It’s somehow problem with server yesterday.
Please try again JetPack3.0, it works now!

Hi carolyuu:

I also can not use JetPack3.0 now.And in JetPack3.1, I find that because of the libcudnn6-dev_6.0.20-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb and libcudnn6_6.0.20-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb, libgie1 can not be installed. Libgie1 is based on cudnn-dev5.1, so I can not install libgie based on cudnn-dev6.0, and also can not install TensorRT.

Finally, I want to know why I cann’t change the edition as the JetPack-L4T-3.0 after the JetPack-L4T-3.1 is released, I am from China, is it also a BUG?

Thanks!

Hi WordZzzz,

The JetPack3.1 not release yet!
Actually you only can launch JetPack3.0, if you still can’t install, please remove all files and download JetPack3.0 to try again.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I have exaclty the same error with the libgie1.

Error: GIE cannot be installed on device. This may be caused by other apt-get command running on device when installing GIE. Please use apt-get command in a terminal to make sure following packages are installed correctly on device before continuing:
libgie1 libgie-dev

I followed this advice here: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/999365/gie-cannot-be-installed-on-device-/
and added the additional repository to sources.list
did:
sudo apt-get update
even after that after that I still don’t jet libgie1 package.

But I installed manually libgie-dev

I was also doing installation of JetPack L4T 3.1 in clean directory with GUI Component Manager it was selected automatically.
So I cahnged in the top left corner in dropdown to JetPack L4T 3.0 and I see link#1 and after a while I can’t get the list of packages I got error like in the link #2

link#1: https://i.imgsafe.org/6633a876f1.png

link #2: https://i.imgsafe.org/66602391d0.png

In the JetPack L4T 3.1 top left dropdown chosen I can see all avalable packages so I did installation with this and god GIE error link#3.

link#3: https://i.imgsafe.org/665c631c35.png

Hi nVidia Team,
I have met the same problem as discussed above.

You have suggested to use JetPack3.0, not JetPack3.1. But when I run the program JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run, the default configuration shows up at the top-left corner of JetPack L4T Component Manager is JetPack L4T 3.1. When I change to JetPack L4T 3.0 manually, nothing will be download, as already mentioned by WordZzzz above.

So please help to fix the libgie1 issue in JetPack-L4T-3.1 or the JetPack L4T Component Manager issue to use JetPack L4T 3.0.

Thanks,
FZ

Hi hexen and FZ,

There are somehow problem with server, but issue already fixed!
If you got problem, please remove all files and download JetPack3.0 to try again.

Thanks!

Hello carolyuu! The problem is still not fixed for me. Still can’t install libgie1 package. I’m in China

I did after your message carolyuu:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgie1

and the error still says:

What is the output of:

ls -ld /var/nv*

Note that JetPack can install a package to make certain other packages (including CUDA and CUDA-related packages) available/visible; however, instead of those repos being from over the internet, they are placed via a local repo directly on the Jetson in “/var”. Once the repo is in place the Jetson does not require any network to find (via “apt”) or install libgie1. The above “ls” command will show the existence of “/var/nv-gie-repo-6-rc-cuda8.0/” if that repo package has been installed.

NOTE: I checked this on a TX2, but the result for the repo should be exactly the same.

The result of executing ‘ls -ld /var/nv*’ command is as below:

/var/nv-gie-repo-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328

I’m using TX2 board too.

Hi,

Let me clarify the problem again. There are two problems here:

The first one is that when I run JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run installer, the default version shown up in the L4T Component Manager is v3.1, not 3.0, and we are unable to manually switch to v3.0. I believe this problem is related with the nVidia server problem, or there is some bug in L4T component manager. By now, I still cannot switch to v3.0.

The second problem, is the problem of failed to install libgie1 on the device (with L4T 3.1). The installer packages have already download to the host successfully, so there is no problem related with the NV server. The problem occurs when the host pushing the package to the device. The error of ‘Unable to locate package libgie1’ means it can neither find this package from the files coming from host, nor from the Internet sever. Here the install command ‘sudo apt-get install libgie1’ point to ubuntu server, not the NV server.

I have remove everything and reinstall the software packages. The below is error log (hope it can help for trouble-shooting)

Copying GIE to target…
sending incremental file list

sent 117 bytes received 12 bytes 86.00 bytes/sec
total size is 198,661,526 speedup is 1,540,011.83
nvidia:
(Reading database … 156452 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack nv-gie-repo-ubuntu1604-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328_1-1_arm64.deb …
Unpacking nv-gie-repo-ubuntu1604-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328 (1-1) over (1-1) …
Setting up nv-gie-repo-ubuntu1604-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328 (1-1) …
OK
Get:1 file:/var/cuda-repo-8-0-local InRelease
Ign:1 file:/var/cuda-repo-8-0-local InRelease
Get:2 file:/var/nv-gie-repo-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328 InRelease
Ign:2 file:/var/nv-gie-repo-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328 InRelease
Get:3 file:/var/cuda-repo-8-0-local Release [574 B]
Get:4 file:/var/nv-gie-repo-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328 Release [574 B]
Get:3 file:/var/cuda-repo-8-0-local Release [574 B]
Get:4 file:/var/nv-gie-repo-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328 Release [574 B]
Hit:7 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial InRelease
Hit:8 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-updates InRelease
Hit:9 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security InRelease
Reading package lists… Done
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Connection to 192.168.60.102 closed.
dpkg-query: package ‘libgie1’ is not installed and no information is available
dpkg-query: package ‘libgie-dev’ is not installed and no information is available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
Error: GIE cannot be installed on device. This may be caused by other apt-get command running on device when installing GIE. Please use apt-get command in a terminal to make sure following packages are installed correctly on device before continuing:
libgie1 libgie-dev
After these packages are installed on device, press Enter key to continue

On the device side, I can find libgie-dev package, but not libgie1

Within the nv-gie-repo-rc-cuda8.0-trt2.1-20170328 installation package downloaded from NV server, I found the following sub-packages:

libcudnn6_6.0.20-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb
libcudnn6-dev_6.0.20-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb
libgie-dev_3.0.1-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb
libnvinfer3_3.0.1-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb
libnvinfer-dev_3.0.1-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb
tensorrt-2.1.0_3.0.1-1+cuda8.0_arm64.deb

I cannot find the libgie1 packages in any downloaded files

See solution in another ticket:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1010445/gie-cannot-be-installed-on-device/#5154943