Unable to flash JetPack 3.0 on Jetson TK1...

Hi there,

Got a Jetson TK1 board and want to flash JetPack 3.0 to it. I am using Mac mini, installed Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS in VirtualBox. USB is fine, everything is fine until screen shows:

*** Flashing target device started. ***
./nvflash --bct PM375_Hynix_2GB_H5TC4G63AFR_H5TC4G63CFR_RDA_924MHz.cfg --setbct --configfile flash.cfg --create --bl fastboot.bin --odmdata 0x6009C000 --go

Holding at this line for 2 hours and I terminate it. Can anyone help or give me direction in order to flash it successfully? Thanks!

First, be sure your Jetson is in recovery mode and check it from host with lsusb. If you launched a nvflash command, such as reading partition table, be sure to reboot in recovery mode again for a new nvflash.

Other possible cause is your virtual host. JetPack is for a native x86 Linux Ubuntu 14.04 host. Basically, you can try to adjust USB (use USB2, not USB3) buffers. Be sure also to install JetPack and build on a ext4 filesystem. Searching this forum you may find many similar issues and solutions.

Thanks Honey_Patouceul.

I am sure it is in recovery mode as it was listed with lsusb. Finally, I installed Ubuntu 14.04 in VirtualBox and the problem has gone. But it seems has another issue. Now, it hold at “sending file: system.img”. Value stop at 326107136. I hope that it was stopping because my Mac mini is slow. Anyway, thanks!

Probably the USB config of your your virtual box would help to get further, but I have no experience with virtual host JetPack, just read so many people running into problems.

This is probably not related here, but be also sure to have enough space on your host linux partition for building the rootfs (for TK1 14GB would be enough).

Moreover, posting your error log here may give you better advices.

The halting is a known VM issue. I also do not know how to fix this, but those who have seem to have done so by making sure the VM specifically marks this as a USB2 port, not a USB3 port, and also increase the buffer for that USB port (I do not know how this is configured in a VM).

My VM has used USB1 and changed to USB2, however it is not working. I installed Ubuntu 14.04.5 on my old Fujitsu Lifebook, unfortunately, JetPack only support 64-bits (T_T). Finally, I did all the things once again on my MacBook Air, it works!

Thanks both!