Extracting projection matrix from NSight

Hi all,

I’m looking to extract the projection/world matrices from each frame of an Origin game (I don’t have access to the game engine), and my question is twofold:

1. How can I run NSight debugger on an Origin game (drag/dropping the game icon onto the NSight HUD icon eventually leads to a crash)

2. Is there an automated way to save the frame image and it’s related matrices, or can it only be done manually?

As you might be able to tell from my questions, I am a noob at this so any leads would be very useful and much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

1. How can I run NSight debugger on an Origin game
    → open the NVIDIA Nsight User Settings dialog box, enter the path of origin game in the setting of ‘launch external program’, check the option ‘Application is a launcher’, then launch origin game with nsight, it should pop up the login window of origin, after login origin, the game should be launched, choose the real game process in the attach process window.

please refer to step 5 of ‘Configuring NVIDIA Nsight on the Host Machine’,
http://docs.nvidia.com/nsight-visual-studio-edition/5.2/Nsight_Visual_Studio_Edition_User_Guide.htm#Host_Basics.htm%3FTocPath%3DInstallation%2520and%2520Setup%2520Essentials|Target%2520and%2520Host%2520Setup|_____2

1. Is there an automated way to save the frame image and it’s related matrices, or can it only be done manually?
    → I’m a little confused about the frame image you want to save, you can save all the textures and the captured frame image in resources view, the captured frame image can be saved automatically in the serialization folder after the serialization is done.

Regards,
Letitia

Thanks for your help, Letitia.

Your answer solved the first problem, and now I’m still working on the second. What I’m looking to find is the shader information from the GPU as that is usually where the projection and world matrices are for each object being inserted into the frame (as far as I understand).

So I tried running NSight > Start Graphics Debugging from the toolbar and it exists immediately with the following error:
The thread ‘Graphics’ (0x0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Is it possible that I don’t have access to run the graphics debugger for an Origin game (I’m running visual studio as admin)?

Thanks again for your help!