nsight crashes during startup
A small dialog appears with the message "an error has occurred. see the log file null" (I don't know where to find said null file) and the console message Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0 CompileCommand: exclude java/lang/reflect/Array.newInstance java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:97) at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:84) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:75) at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:31) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:295) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:231) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:563) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438) Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make protected void java.net.URLClassLoader.addURL(java.net.URL) accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.net" to unnamed module @7e9a5fbe at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:337) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:281) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.checkCanSetAccessible(Method.java:197) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.setAccessible(Method.java:191) at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:52) at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:59) at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findAddURLMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:43) at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.<clinit>(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:37) ... 14 more What might be the cause of this crash.
A small dialog appears with the message "an error has occurred. see the log file null" (I don't know where to find said null file) and the console message

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0
CompileCommand: exclude java/lang/reflect/Array.newInstance
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:97)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:84)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:75)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:31)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:295)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:231)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:563)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make protected void java.net.URLClassLoader.addURL(java.net.URL) accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.net" to unnamed module @7e9a5fbe
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:337)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:281)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.checkCanSetAccessible(Method.java:197)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.setAccessible(Method.java:191)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:52)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:59)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findAddURLMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:43)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.<clinit>(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:37)
... 14 more

What might be the cause of this crash.

Posted 05/30/2017 10:34 PM   
Hi, I'm sorry for the problem you met, please provide more information for investigating the problem: - Nsight version - GPU, OS, driver info - Is the .exe file managed component? - Can we have your sample to do some local repro, then we can identify the crash quickly? Thanks, Letitia
Hi,

I'm sorry for the problem you met, please provide more information for investigating the problem:
- Nsight version
- GPU, OS, driver info
- Is the .exe file managed component?
- Can we have your sample to do some local repro, then we can identify the crash quickly?

Thanks,
Letitia

Posted 05/31/2017 06:11 AM   
Oops I've just realized that I posted on the Visual Studio Edition forum instead of the Eclipse edition forum. Can someone please move my post. Thanks
Oops I've just realized that I posted on the Visual Studio Edition forum instead of the Eclipse edition forum. Can someone please move my post.

Thanks

Posted 05/31/2017 06:47 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply