nsight crashes during startup

A small dialog appears with the message “an error has occurred. see the log file null” (I don’t know where to find said null file) and the console message

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0
CompileCommand: exclude java/lang/reflect/Array.newInstance
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.(Storage.java:97)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:84)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.(EquinoxContainer.java:75)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.(Equinox.java:31)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:295)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:231)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:563)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make protected void java.net.URLClassLoader.addURL(java.net.URL) accessible: module java.base does not “opens java.net” to unnamed module @7e9a5fbe
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:337)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:281)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.checkCanSetAccessible(Method.java:197)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.setAccessible(Method.java:191)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:52)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:59)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.findAddURLMethod(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:43)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller.(FrameworkExtensionInstaller.java:37)
… 14 more

What might be the cause of this crash.

Hi,

I’m sorry for the problem you met, please provide more information for investigating the problem:

• Nsight version
  • GPU, OS, driver info
  • Is the .exe file managed component?
  • Can we have your sample to do some local repro, then we can identify the crash quickly?

Thanks,
Letitia

Oops I’ve just realized that I posted on the Visual Studio Edition forum instead of the Eclipse edition forum. Can someone please move my post.

Thanks