running debugger x86 on x64

This is giving me some headache.
After installing I have trouble to run it in x86 mode.
When trying to “install Debugger” I am getting:

[Status] Installing debugger to device...
[Error] Installing remote debugger file failed

If I run it in x64 mode however, it installs nicely, but I am getting this error, which is not surprising, since my app is 32bit:

[UnrealLinux.bin] ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/smir/.tgd/libs/libNvidia_gfx_debugger.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
[UnrealLinux.bin]

I am on OpenSuSE leap 42.2, GTX 960

Driver: 375.66 which appears to be latest.
Install docs however mention: “Version 2.1 requires Linux driver version 378.13 or newer” although I haven’t found any newer.

If you need more information, let me know.

On a side note, the “Attach” tab appears to be always empty too. The problem appears in both 2.0 and 2.1 version of the debugger.

Hi Smirftsch,

Sorry you have encountered this issue. We are aware of the issue, and trying to fix it on next release.

For newer driver, the trick is to select a newer GPU instead (for example, GTX 1080), then search for drivers. We use unified driver for all the GPUs, so they should work on your GPU as well.

Whenever there is a process launched by LGD running, Attach tab will show the process. Otherwise it will be empty.

Ah thank you.
But I take it that the newer driver won’t fix this issue?

Either way, is there a timeline for the next release then?
Or is there a way to get the 32bit versions of libNvidia_gfx_debugger.so and libNvPmApi.Core.so to install them manually meanwhile perhaps?

Hi Smirftsch,

You can try to
copy /target/linux-desktop-glibc_2_11_3-glx-x86/*.so to ~/.tgd/libs/ ,
and then remove their “Stripped_” prefix.
After that, launch app in command line:

LD_PRELOAD=~/.tgd/libs/libNvidia_gfx_debugger.so

Then, in Attach tab, you will find the process, select and click attach.
This is a possible workaround but not guaranteed to work.

The app won’t find it libs anymore if doing so. Guess I’ll have to wait then.
Thanks again.

if anyone else encounters the same problem, that the application to be debugged is not finding its dependency libraries, I made it work now doing:

copy /target/linux-desktop-glibc_2_11_3-glx-x86/*.so to ~/.tgd/libs/ ,
and then remove their “Stripped_” prefix.
After that, launch app in command line:

LD_PRELOAD=/use/relative/path/to/libNvidia_gfx_debugger.so

;)