hlssink

Hi Folks,

I am looking to install, this gstreamer element by name of hlssink. I am using gstreamer 1.8.3. I downloaded an installed gstreamer-plugins-bad - but it seems to have some dependencies due to which hlssink is not getting installed. I do see source (c files) related to hlssink in gstreamer-plugins-bad.

Could you someone please help me with how to find and install hlssink ?

Thanks,

Hi,
We can install it via

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad

Thanks DaneLLL,

I have hlssink now. Following cmd line works

gst-launch-1.0 -e nvcamerasrc fpsRange="30.0 30.0" ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! omxh265enc ! 'video/x-h265, stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h265parse ! matroskamux ! hlssink max-files=5 target-duration=2

Would you happen to know what is best way to play these files, using Tx hardware ? I am thinking that we need to extend aforesaid pipe, and add decoder elements, but do not understand syntax of how to feed decoder to multiple files generated by hlssink.

Our aim, with this encode-decode pipeline is to hide long processing time of our opencv algorithms, such that we can processes contents recorded by cameras in non real time.

Thanks

I guess you can run it like
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1011376/jetson-tx1/gstreamer-decode-live-video-stream-with-the-delay-difference-between-gst-launch-1-0-command-and-appsink-callback/post/5160929/#5160929[/url]

In the app, iteratively play a file, delete the file, and play next file.