Nsight 5.4 performance analysis is empty

Whenever I try to do a performance analysis with Nsight on our OpenGL project, the GPU utilization shows nothing, although I can look at the API calls. The frame debugger is also working nicely without any issues. I’ve had the same issue in Nsight 5.3 as well. Our OpenGL application is still using the compatibility profile, but we have a special build that disables a bunch of legacy GL calls that aren’t supported and like I said the frame debugger does work. I’ve tried one of the Nvidia OpenGL examples and that one works without a problem, so I don’t think it’s my machine or my settings. Is there any way to figure out why Nsight was unable to collect that data?

Just to clarify, I’m talking about this here: http://i.imgur.com/p6XD0p6.png
(Note that I can also not click on any the links: Draw Calls, Frames or Dispatches)

Hi,

I’m sorry for the problem you met, please provide more information for investigating the problem:

• GPU, OS, driver info
  • Can we have your sample to do some local repro, then we can identify the crash quickly?

Thanks,
Letitia

I’m on the latest public release of Windows 10 and using a 980 Ti with the drivers from the Nsight download page (984.94).

With regards to a sample, as far as I’m aware Nvidia already has an NDA signed with my company, but it’s around 4Gb in size. How do I contact you with a link to it?

Hi Sidney,

I tried the performance analysis with the sample using an internal build, the issue you said didn’t show up, the CPU and GPU utilization both showed valid data.

Did you check the option “System” and “OpenGL” under the Trace Settings panel?
If the problem still happened, please wait for the release build and check it again.

Thanks,
Letitia

Hi,

I am indeed checking both System and OpenGL in the trace settings, so I guess waiting for Nsight 5.5 it is. Do you have a rough idea for a release schedule?

Hi,

I’m afraid I don’t have the schedule.

Regards,
Letitia

Hi,

I have the same issue. Besides that, I also have the issue of the topic https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1017023/analysis-session-failed-to-capture/ . I do not have these problems when I use NSight 5.2.

Hi raphavoltoline.rvr, I’m guessing that you’re on windows 10 like me? I did a lot of research to find what would cause the ETW usage. Logman.exe and tracelog.exe are not in the windows SDK anymore (in win 10). Even our IT department didn’t find anything that would make Event Tracing for Windows to be in use…

Hi fpageau

Yes, I have win10 on a notebook (dell gaming 7559) with hybrid graphic system and I wonder if these two problems are correlated.