LGD 2.1 crashes without sudo

Hi,

I am using the LGD v2.1 on Ubuntu 16.04. I can run the application without sudo, however when I try to capture the frame, the application suddenly crashes and a new window open requesting to send the dump file to Nvidia. Although, if I run the application with sudo, the issue disappears.

In Addition , is there another solution to this problem[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/976972/linux-graphics-debugger/problem-with-openssl-libraries-in-ubuntu-16-04-but-not-in-14-04-/[/url]that is not to export some system variables?

Hi there,
Could you please provide more information about the crarsh?

• GPU
  • Graphics driver version
  • Linux window system
  • Shell type
  • LGD mode (x86 or x64)
    If possible, can you share your sample application with us?
    Thanks.

GPU: GTX 690M
Graphics version: 384.69
Linux: Ubuntu 16.04.3
Shell: zsh
LGD mode: x64

As additional information, I have built the openssl library (v1.1) in order to overcome this issue ([url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/976972/linux-graphics-debugger/problem-with-openssl-libraries-in-ubuntu-16-04-but-not-in-14-04-/[/url]) and placed the shared libraries inside LGD folder. Also, I set the permission to all files to 777.

Any application that I try to debbug makes the LGD crashes. For instance, the glxgears.

The application output:
./nvidia-gfx-debugger
./nvidia-gfx-debugger: line 11: 4066 Segmentation fault (core dumped) “$NV_AGORA_PATH/CrashReporter” “NVIDIA Graphics Debugger” “Battle” “1.0” “$NV_AGORA_PATH/nvidia-gfx-debugger.bin” $@

Hi,

The issue could be related to zsh shell type. Could you please try it in bash shell to see if it still crashes?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, the error persists.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.
Could you please send the dump file when you run into the Crash Reporter dialog? Please fill in email address before sending the dump.
Thanks!

Here is the dump file

Hi there,

We couldn’t reproduce this issue on Ubuntu16.04.3, driver 384.69, GTX750Ti.
Can you try on another PC to see if you still encounter the crash without sudo?