Visual Studion 2017 and CUDA 9 installation problems

Hi

I installed Visual Studio 2017 and CUDA 9.0, but I cannot run the test sample nbody_vs2017.sln because I get the message

Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.11.25503/bin/HostX86/x64/cl.exe’ died with status 0xC0000135

If I start a new CUDA project the file kernal.cu cannot open “stdio.h”. (Visual C++ does not have such a problem).

I also tried compiling from the command line, using nvcc following the Even Easier Introduction to CUDA, but I got the message

Cannot find compiler ‘cl.exe’ in PATH

Any clues as to how I can get up and running?

Another message I get on trying to build nbody is:

The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting “Retarget solution”.

but the current SDK version is 10.1.

I installed Windows SDK version 8.1, but the nbody sample gives the message that a supported visual studio is required (including 2017, which I have), and I used the developer shell to compile from the command line, but this says my OS is not supported. I have Windows 10.

I am also getting the same issue, i believe the latest update caused this issue. I was using for so many days without any issue.

guys, please don’t keep this unanswered. Issue is still actual and having red lines in newly generated project is rather frustrating.

I had a similar issue. Simply installing the right version of the Windows SDK helped. Ultimately, how to do that was found in this windows help post Compilation error with Windows SDK Version 10.0.15063.0. Basically just use the VS installer to add the version of the Windows SDK that it is complaining about.