Please tell me the procedure to make perf available

I’m trying to install perf on my DRIVE PX2 device. uname -r returns: 4.4.38-rt49-tegra when i run the perf command I get

WARNING: perf not found for kernel 4.4.38-rt49

You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel:
linux-tools-4.4.38-rt49-tegra
linux-cloud-tools-4.4.38-rt49-tegra

You may also want to install one of the following packages to keep up to date:
linux-tools-tegra
linux-cloud-tools-tegra

when I try sudo apt-get install linux-tools-tegra it goes through reading package lists and building dependency tree then states: E: Unable to locate package linux-tools-tegra.

Please help me.

What can I do to solve this problem?
I am very embarrassed in a stuck condition.

I’m also in need of perf for the DPX2. I found the perf source code from vibrante-oss-src package and compiled kernel/tools/perf, but when I try to run the executable it has the following error:

> perf record ls
Error:
The sys_perf_event_open() syscall returned with 16 (Device or resource busy) for event (cycles).
/bin/dmesg may provide additional information.
No CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS=y kernel support configured?

and inside dmesg

[26055.362250] hw perfevents: unable to request IRQ13 for ARM PMU counters
[26055.377855] genirq: Flags mismatch irq 13. 00010800 (arm-pmu) vs. 00002000 (bpmp_irq_handler)

It looks like the default kernel has CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS set, so I’m guessing there is some wrong config for the ARM registers.

Anyone know how to get perf working on this platform?

Everyone seems to give up.

Dear teruo.yamauchi.xg,

May I know System Profiler is installed on DPX2?
If yes, you can use the tool to check the system performance. Thanks.

Dear SteveNV

I know that System Profiler is installed.
I want to compare with other hardware systems, so I would like to use perf and oprofile.

Thanks.

I got
The sys_perf_event_open() syscall returned with 16 (Device or resource busy) for event (cycles).
too.
And is there someone can tell me why does this happen and how to get the counters’ number on my arm device with ubuntu 16.04 installed