Building drivers for PCIe-Switch PEX8724 on Drive PX2

Hey,

I need to build a driver for the PCIe-Switch for the PEX8724 using their SDK (https://www.broadcom.com/products/pcie-switches-bridges/pcie-switches/pex8724#downloads).

The build of drivers involves the use of a PLX-provided script file (builddriver). When I run the script I get the following message:

Build: Plx8000_NT

- PLA: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- KER: 4.4.38-rt49-tegra
- INC: /lib/modules/4.4.38-rt49-tegra/build/include
- CPU: aarch64 (64-bit Little Endian)
- CMP: gcc
- TYP: 8000_NT Driver
- PLX: SDK v7.25
- CFG: Release

make[1]: *** /lib/modules/4.4.38-rt49-tegra/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
/home/nvidia/Development/PEX8724/PlxSdk/Makefiles/Targets.def:43: recipe for target 'BuildDriver' failed
make: *** [BuildDriver] Error 2

The directory /lib/modules/4.4.38-rt49-tegra/build shows a broken symbolic link to /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_modular/out/embedded_aarch64-arm64-tegra_t186ref_gnu_linux_defconfig-rt_patches/kernel.

It seems that the required linux-headers are missing. How can I get them?

Thanks in advance!

Have you found the linux-headers?

I have the same problem now.

The headers are located in

/path/to/DriveWorks/VibranteSDK/vibrante-oss-src/kernel

So, first you have to use the DriveInstaller which downloads all the needed resources.

Although we are now able to build the driver for the PCIe-switch, it is not possible to load the driver, because no supported devices are found…

Dear Emme92,

did you compile the whole kernel or just compile the module?

I have little knowledge about compiling single-module, would you give me some advice, such as the environment configuration and the makefile…

Thanks a lot.

Hey,

we used this guide to compile the kernel: [url]Autonomous Vehicle Development Platforms | NVIDIA Docs

The driver is built by a PLX-provided script file (builddriver).