Support python3 out of the box on containers like the tensorflow container.

I just posted this under the tensorflow container section because I did not see this section first.

The lack of Python3 Tensorflow pre-install is somewhat grating. While python2 is still in wide use, Python3 is also widely adopted. My company specifically writes our code in python3 so it was a bit sad to see the container not having support for py3 right out of the box without installing things like pip3 and Tensorflow. This is especially sad because the general ubuntu machine learning AMI supports both out of the box.

Our TensorFlow container is currently based on Python 2. We are looking into a version supporting Python 3.

Here’s a post on how to get Python 3 compatibility added to DGX optimized containers.

Thanks itb206 and kmuchmore!

Looking for some more feedback on this request. Which option would you prefer and why?

1. Two separate docker containers: One container with python 2.x and one container with python 3.x

2. One docker container with both python 2.x and 3.x included, with a larger container size

Appreciate the interest and suggestions!

Joey

Having separate containers for python 2.x and 3.x would be most useful for our needs. When we run into scenarios needing multiple processes to run different versions of python we would run these in separate docker containers anyways.

Thanks.