Jetson TX2 USB_EN_OC quesion

Hi

Could you please help to check if USB1_EN_OC(A18) work(Hi to Low), then it can influences which USB port?

thanks
kevin

USB1_EN_OC is USB_VBUS_EN1 of USB3.0 (J19), it is high enable. Please refer to OEM Design Guide for more info.

Hi,

We have a USB3.0 device which only use USB3.0 signal.

schematic: USB3.0 port
(USB_SS0_TX+/USB_SS0_TX–/USB_SS0_RX+/USB_SS0_RX–) + power SW from USB1_EN_OC# control.

Can I know if over current issue is only affect this USB3 port? or other USB port would be affected too?

thanks
kevin

In dev kit design, USB1_EN_OC# is to monitor output current of SS0 port, if over-current happen, there will be a interrupt generated on it and report to Tegra to take next action.

Hi

Could you please help to below question, thanks

our design:
We have a USB3.0 device which only use USB3.0 signal, not USB2.0.
schematic: USB3.0 SS0 port
(USB_SS0_TX+/USB_SS0_TX–/USB_SS0_RX+/USB_SS0_RX–) + power SW from USB1_EN_OC# control

1. I know in dev kit design, USB1_EN_OC# is to monitor output current of SS0 port,
    but I want to know, in our design, Can I know if over current issue is only affect this USB3 port?
    or other USB port would be affected too?

2. Can I know if USB3.0 SS0 port and USB2.0 port1 can be used separately?
    and we have to adopt them at the same time?

3. In dev kit test, We remove "R167,R169, L10, test USB3.0 device function,
    after system restart can`t detect USB3.0 device,
    we found below two method to solve this symptom. Is this a normal behavior?
    (1) replug in/out device
    (2) use U21 pin4 contact to GND

thanks

Hi,

USB1_EN_OC# is just for USB1 port

Why do you want to use them separately? Is your design total on board and no USB connector output? If so, you can use USB3.0 alone but will face problem of changing detection/enumeration scheme just like your description in item 3, you will have to deal with them by yourself.

Hi

Thanks for you reply,

USB1_EN_OC# is just for USB1 port
→ So, in our design OC# would take effect concurrently for both USB2.0 and USB3.0, right?
our design:
We have a USB3.0 device connector to TX2 MB USB3.0 conn, which only use USB3.0 signal not include USB2.0 on TX2.

Can I know if USB3.0 SS0 port and USB2.0 port1 is separately use, should we have to adopt them at the same time?

Hi, why do you use ss0 separately? And so what your USB connector will be? If it has no output connector and just on board, then only SS0 is reasonable, but you will have to handle the enumeration by yourself.

Hi NV team,

Please refer reply as below and our USB design block diagram as attached file,
thanks for your support.

why do you use ss0 separately?
[Kevin]
TX2 USB2.0 port and USB3.0 port is not enough, our USB2.0 and USB3.0 camera device is non removable,
so our design the USB3.0 SS0 port and USB2.0 port1 is separately use.

And so what your USB connector will be?
[Kevin]
See attached file USB block diagram.

According to our design, could you please help to Clear question as below, thanks

1. OC# would take effect concurrently for both Camera device(USB2.0 port1 and USB3.0 SS0 port)?
    or only for USB3.0 SS0 port?
  2. Can we adopt them at the same time?

Please refer to schematic, this OC# signal is from load switch (U21) of VBUS, it can report to TX2 chip and shut down the load switch simultaneously. You can decide how to use it for one or more ports.

Hi NV team,

Thanks for your reply,

May you please help question as below, thanks

1. You can decide how to use it for one or more ports.
    [Kevin] Do you mean in our design OC# signal can take effect only for USB3.0 SS0 port?

2. Could you please help to confirm our design is OK or Not?(Please see USB block diagram as attached file)

What I meant is that has no problem on hardware, OC# is just a interrupt, you can decide how to use it, but you need to solve the related software change.

Hi NV team,

Thanks for your reply for item1, please help to check item2, thanks

1. Could you please help to confirm our HW design is OK or Not?(Please see USB block diagram as attached file)

Already said no problem on hardware.

Hi NV team,

Thanks for your support,

In dev kit design and our design, Why USB3 port occur below symptom but USB2.0?

Due to we remove "R167,R169, L10, test USB3.0 device function,
after system restart can`t detect USB3.0 device,
we found below two method to solve this symptom. Is this a normal behavior?
(1) replug in/out device
(2) use U21 pin4 contact to GND

They are not normal operations just like I previously said " but you will have to handle the enumeration by yourself".