Nsight 5.4 Unable to use graphic debugging

Hi,

I am using Nsight 5.4 with Visual Studio Professional Update 5.
Graphic card: Quadro K2200
Driver v385.90
Windows 7 SP1 x64

When I tried to Start Graphics debugging on my OpenGL 4.5 application I have the following message.
“Connection to the Nsight monitor was terminated abnormally. Please check the connection with the remote machine”
Here is the Nsight monitor stack:

Application : Nsight.Monitor.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d’une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l’exception : System.NullReferenceException
Pile :
à .Nvda.Messaging.InterprocessMessageQueue.GetMessagesAvailableEvent(Nvda.Messaging.InterprocessMessageQueue*)
à .Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger.MessagingThread(Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger*)
à .Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger.MessagingThread_(Void*)

The attachment works with Nsight 5.3.

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi tpithon,

I’m sorry for the problem you met. Can you provide more information please?

• Did the issue happen with any other samples?
  • the version of Visual Studio, VS2015, VS2017?
  • Can you uninstall Nsight and install it then try your sample again?
  • If the issue happened all the time, can you provide your sample to us then we can identify the issue quickly?

Thanks,
Letitia

Hi Letitia,

I reproduce the issue all the time with the “Bindless Graphics Sample” provided on the Nvidia Gameworks page.
I use visual studio Professional 2013 Update 5.
And yes I tried after reinstalling Nsight.

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi tpithon,

Thanks for your information.
I can repro the issue locally, and I’ve created an internal bug to track it.

Thanks,
Letitia

Hi Letitia,

Is there any update you could share on this bug?

FYI I’ve encountered a crash with very similar symptoms (same call stack, affects nsight 5.3+ as well) and suspect the two could be related:
cf https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1028659/nsight-visual-studio-edition/nsight-monitor-crash-on-5-5

Forum rules state that new members cannot upload more than one image. I am now attempting to provide multiple images in a reply to illustrate the reproduction steps.

Hi, @swzwork
Thanks for contacting ! Please note that graphics debugging is not part of Nsight Visual Studio Edition now. You may need to use https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-graphics now.

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.