Cannot detect Visual Studio(2010|2012|2013) on your system.

Error occurs during installing Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition.

Return code: 2
Cannot detect Visual Studio(2010|2012|2013) on your system. Please install Visual Studio first to support install NSight Tegra

But I have Visual Studio 2017 Community already installed! What’s wrong?!

Unfortunately, VS 2017 is not supported by Nsight Tegra 3.4.
Nsight Tegra 3.4 can be integrated into VS 2015 Community Edition

I have VS 2015 installed but experiencing the same problem.

Make sure that you’ve installed the Visual C++ components of VS 2015.
If everything is configured correctly, you should be able to choose a Visual C++ Windows console application template in the new project wizard.
If nothing helps, please gather the installer log files using the tool [url]Bing and attach them to the thread.

When can we expect support for Visual Studio 2017?

Hi luispmelgar,

The recently released Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition 3.5 fully supports VS 2017.
Please make sure that you’ve installed the VS workload named Visual C++ for desktop development before running NT VSE’s installer.

Tried installing as you said but still get an error. Any ideas of what it could be?

I made sure to have the latest codeworks installed as well as the VS workload you mentioned.

I assume it was this one?

That doesn’t look right.

It seems that you’ve customized the VS 2017 Community 15.6 installation path, so the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\ doesn’t exist on the PC.
To unblock the MSI installer, try to manually create an empty directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\

Please, attach the MD5 of the installer’s executable and installer log files, located in %tmp% directory.
Thank you.

As a workaround, you can extract the .VSIX extension package out of the .MSI file and install it by hand using VS 2017’s VSIX installer.
The exact procedure is described in the topic dedicated to VS 2017 support.

Managed to install by creating an empty VS folder in the C:/ directory. Thanks for the help!

Hello guys

I encounter the same issue.

“Installing Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.5 failed
Return code: 2
Cannot detect Visual Studio(2010|2012|2013|2015|2017) on your system. Please install…”

But I have installed Visual Studio Community 2017 (see details of the version below)

Visual Studio Community 2017 installation info (extract)
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
Version 15.8.6
VisualStudio.15.Release/15.8.6+28010.2041
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.7.02558

Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2017 00369-60000-00001-AA401
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017

• I have tried to create manually the empty directory (as luispmelgar did), but it sounds not enough
  • I don't understand the suggestions done by MikhailFiliminov about the MD5 or the workaround

Could you please provide any kind of support?
Thanks

Hi fred.cheneviere, we encourage you to try out the 3.6 release published a couple of months ago.
In case of emergency, please collect the installation logs stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Tegra 3.6 and attach them here.
As a last resort, you can manually install the extension package C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Tegra 3.x\Nvidia.PentaK.vsix - it should work in any case.

Hi guys,

Same issue here…

“Installing Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.5 failed Return code: 2
Cannot detect Visual Studio(2010|2012|2013|2015|2017) on your system. Please install…”

I did install Visual Studio Community 2017. In the installation setup only selected VS workload ‘Desktop development with C++’

Then tried to find the 3.6 release of Nsight Tegra, as mentioned by MikhailFilimonov, but couldn’t find it.

Did somebody find the solution for this problem? Please, I like to hear.
Thanks

Hello, it seems that the release 3.6 is now unlisted from the download center. Sorry for the confusion, we’ll look into that.
As of now, I suggest as a workaround to locate the extension’s VSIX container in Program Files under NVIDIA root directory and install it manually via VSIX installer. Double-click in Explorer should suffice to launch the installation process.

Thanks MikhailFilimonov, but I’m not sure where and what to look (for) exactly.

Only NVIDEA dir under program files is … Program Files > NVIDEA Corporation > ?

I installed Nsight Tegra 3.5 manually from the NVIDEA > CodeWorksforAndroid folder. Then the Nvidea Codeworks 1R7 installer again, without the Nisight Tegra component. So far, so good…