NVIDIA Driver Manager 378.10.10.10.20.107 NOT COMPATIBLE with High Sierra 10.13.1 Security Update 2017-001

This is an urgent need to update NVIDIA on an incompatible driver manager that now prevents me from working with CUDA on my MacBook Pro 11,3.

The break occurred immediately after installed the High Sierra Security Update 2017-001 running High Sierra OSX 10.13.1.

I’m on the following drivers and versions:

NVIDIA Driver Manager 378.10.10.10.20.107 (Not compatible)
CUDA 9.0.222
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
GPU Driver Version listed as 10.26.6 355.11.10.10.15.102

Any help would be appreciated in getting an update pushed out to us, as this prevents Adobe Premiere users from utilizing CUDA, which I consider a MAJOR BREAK.

Thank you very much!

Looks like you should complain to Apple for breaking CUDA. Have you done so? I assume that the security fix in question is the one that fixed the massive security hole in OS X reported recently (root account without password protection), but it is not clear why they needed to break CUDA to fix this self-inflicted problem.

I’ve been complaining to whoever will listen and can fix this, but the fix will come sooner from a quickie update to the NVIDIA Driver Manager than to a full-on OS update.

How do we know this? Why is there a need for a “full-on OS update”? Shouldn’t the Pottery Barn rule apply?

Here is how you can fix it:

Open terminal:
sudo nano -w /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
Memorize your ProductBuildVersion

put 17B48 to ProductBuildVersion Should look like:

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
    <string>17B48</string>

SaveFile & Exit

Reboot PC Mac.

Idea here is to report previous working build number for video drivers, though you should know this is considered as a hack and you will not get any support whatsoever if you “brick” you computer. Works for me though.

NVIDIA update from today fixed the problem!

UPDATE: NVIDIA needs to be updated yet again as Apple rolled out another security update overnight and now I’m no longer current again. As quick as you can NVIDIA, please!