visual studio 2017 support

Hi,

I am working in a project in visual studio 2017.
Now i got the latest version from github.
But it gives me the message that visual studio is not supported because of a compiler bug.
Ok i can understand that but when i check out the link to the bug it seems that is was solved and tested in october.
But it still gives out the messages
When will this be fixed?

EDIT: this is for PhysX 3.4

Hi,
yes the bug was solved and tested in October, but the fix was released in VS2017 15.5, which was released last week.
So if you update to latest VS2017 15.5 you should be able to comment out the warning message. We are working on an update and release it soon to github.

Hi,
Ah ok didnt know that it was only just implemented in visual studio
Makes sense then that it still is in the code
I do have the latest version so i think i might just comment it out for now
thanks anyway for the info

I’ve got the latest version VS2017 and Physx 3.4, but I still get problems when I try to rebuild the libraries even after removing the error message. Many warning messages are reported which are now treated as errors. I got around this by changing the compile settings so the compiler ignores the warning and now all the solutions build and seem to run correctly. However this seems like a bad solution. Am I the only one seeing this behavior? If so there must be somrhign I am doing wrong. This is typical of the sort of error I see, this one when building SampleFramework-MT in release for x64:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\um\winbase.h(7356): error C2220: warning treated as error - no ‘object’ file generated (compiling source file …..\src\SampleCommandLine.cpp)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\um\winbase.h(7356): warning C5039: ‘TpSetCallbackCleanupGroup’: pointer or reference to potentially throwing function passed to extern C function under -EHc. Undefined behavior may occur if this function throws an exception. (compiling source file …..\src\SampleCommandLine.cpp)

As I say if I turn of the option for warnings to be treated as errors the project builds and seems to run but i get a variety of warnings in all of the projects and it worries me.

No I can see the compilation issues too. The SDK itself compiles fine, but the samples projects needs to be fixed. Let me do that.