BUG: The problem with GL_NV_geometry_shader_passthrough and GL_NV_stereo_view_rendering

Hi,
We have the problem under OpenGL, which is evident since 388.00 driver. In our application we are using NV extensions NV_geometry_shader_passthrough and NV_stereo_view_rendering for faster VR rendering.
We found that since 388.00 driver( till 388.59) application crashes when we try to use NV_geometry_shader_passthrough and NV_stereo_view_rendering simultaneously in geometry shader.
We found a way to reproduce error using the example multiprojection_ogl from NVidia “VRWorks Graphics SDK 2.5”

1. Open file ${VRWORKSROOT}\multiprojection_ogl\demo\gl_clip_space_w_scaling\scene.geo.glsl in text editor.
  2. After line:
    #extension GL_NV_geometry_shader_passthrough : require
    add new line:
    #extension GL_NV_stereo_view_rendering: require
  3. Save and close scene.geo.glsl
  4. Run “${VRWORKSROOT}\multiprojection_ogl\demo\bin_x64\Release\gl_clip_space_w_scaling.exe”
  5. You can see a black screen followed by crash.

I reported to NVIDIA Customer Care, but they suggested to post here…
Anyone can help?

Tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10 with 1080 and 1080 Ti cards.
Best regards,
Vlad.

Thanks for reporting this issue.
We could reproduce the rendering corruption behavior with an internal driver version as well and filed a bugreport against the OpenGL driver for analysis.

Thank you very much for the reply, looking forward to the results.
Best regards,
Vlad.

Hi,
With the new driver (388.71) the problem still exists…

Best regards,
Vlad.

Hi, again :)
With the new driver (390.65) the problem still exists…

Yes, that version seems to have been cut just a few days before the necessary bugfix code integration.
Please be patient and keep trying upcoming driver versions. ;-)
I have no way of telling which exact driver version release number will contain the fix, other than some R390 version.
Keep in mind that it’s not unusual to take multiple months before a bugfix for a newly reported issue appears in a released driver.

Thanks, Detlef!

I will be patient and keep trying.
May the Force be with me. :)

Best regards,
Vlad

Hi,
With the new driver (390.77) the problem solved !

Thank you very much for the reply and help.
Best regards,
Vlad.