Running Driveworks Samples on Target Remotely from Host with Nsight Eclipse

Hi all,

I am trying to run my cross-compiled driveworks samples (version 0.3) remotely through Nsight Eclipse on the host (Ubuntu 14.04). I created a run-configuration of type “C/C++ Remote Application” and configured a SSH connection to the target (Drive PX2 AutoChauffeur), set the remote toolkit, selected “Upload local executable”. But as soon as I press “Run”, a dialog shows me the following error:
Problem Occurred
‘Launching sample_camera_gmsl’ has encountered a problem.
An internal error occurred during: “Launching sample_camera_gmsl”.
java.lang.NullPointerException

The eclipse-logfile in /.metadata/.log shows this:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2017-12-14 14:00:54.258
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Launching sample_camera_gmsl”.
!STACK 0
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.internal.connection.RSERemoteConnection.isSameFile(RSERemoteConnection.java:797)
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.ui.launch.RemoteLaunchHelper.uploadExecutable(RemoteLaunchHelper.java:147)
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.internal.launch.RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.launchHelper(RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.java:280)
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.internal.launch.RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.launch(RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.java:246)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:885)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1256)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

This was working before with Driveworks 0.2 but after upgrading everything using DriveInstall 4.1.8 it doesn’t work anymore.

My eclipse-project was created using the following CMake command and then imported as existing project into Nsight. Cross-compilation works and I can run the compiled samples on the target when manually uploading them using scp, which is too inconvenient for development.
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-DVIBRANTE_PDK:STRING=
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/cmake/Toolchain-V4L.cmake
-G “Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles”
-DCUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR=

I would be really happy if someone could provide me instructions how to run the programs remotely.
Furthermore, I want to debug remotely, which should be possible according to NVIDIA’s hands-on tutorial, but did not work for me.

Thanks,
Nico

Nico, could you ensure you’re compiling with cmake version 3.2.2, which is what Driveworks 0.3 uses.

Driveworks 0.2 used cmake 3.1.1.
By default, Ubuntu 14.04 installs cmake 2.8, which is a problem.

Cross-compilation works fine, I just could not run the compiled programs on the target via ssh from the host’s NSight Eclipse.

This seems to be a bug in the NSight installation that comes with DriveInstall 4.1.8! If I use the older NSight version installed by DriveInstall 4.1.4, it works like a charm.

Nico, there is an NVIDIA video on configuring Nsight Eclipse for DriveWorks at:

The video was posted on March 2017, so I fear it will not help you. I’m offering it just in case it helps.

Hi Nico!
We are having the same problem. Could you solve it with the the new version or are you still using the old one?
Greetings

Dear randtie,

Could you please refer to below link for your topic? Thanks.

DRIVE PX Application Development Using Nsight Eclipse Edition

[i]Hi all,

I am trying to run my cross-compiled driveworks samples (version 0.3) remotely through Nsight Eclipse on the host (Ubuntu 14.04). I created a run-configuration of type “C/C++ Remote Application” and configured a SSH connection to the target (Drive PX2 AutoChauffeur), set the remote toolkit, selected “Upload local executable”. But as soon as I press “Run”, a dialog shows me the following error:
Problem Occurred

The eclipse-logfile in /.metadata/.log shows this:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2017-12-14 14:00:54.258
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Launching sample_camera_gmsl”.
!STACK 0
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.internal.connection.RSERemoteConnection.isSameFile(RSERemoteConnection.java:797)
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.ui.launch.RemoteLaunchHelper.uploadExecutable(RemoteLaunchHelper.java:147)
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.internal.launch.RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.launchHelper(RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.java:280)
at com.nvidia.cuda.ide.remote.internal.launch.RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.launch(RunCudaGdbServerDelegate.java:246)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:885)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1256)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

This was working before with Driveworks 0.2 but after upgrading everything using DriveInstall 4.1.8 it doesn’t work anymore.

My eclipse-project was created using the following CMake command and then imported as existing project into Nsight. Cross-compilation works and I can run the compiled samples on the target when manually uploading them using scp, which is too inconvenient for development.
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-DVIBRANTE_PDK:STRING=
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/cmake/Toolchain-V4L.cmake
-G “Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles”
-DCUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR=

I would be really happy if someone could provide me instructions how to run the programs remotely.
Furthermore, I want to debug remotely, which should be possible according to NVIDIA’s hands-on tutorial, but did not work for me.

Thanks,
Nico [/i]

It’s the same issue Nico had. I’m stuck at the very same point which I mentioned before.

The issue is solved. I have no idea how, but it works now.

Problem Occurred
java.lang.NullPointerException Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime

Dear mazenfakhrfakhr,

We’ve posted new PDK and DW on developer.com.
Could you please check if this symptom is reproduced after updating with new PDK and DriveWorks? Thanks.