Cuda 8.0 and 9.1 installation failed with no reason
[quote=""]I have a similar problem: I'm trying to connect Cuda to my graphics-card, but I get all sorts of issues: (1) On Visual C++, when I try to run the following line: cudaError_t error_id = cudaGetDeviceCount(&deviceCount); error_id gets the value cudaErrorInsufficientDriver. (2) When I open Nsight, it informs me that the driver's version should be 343.98. (3) When I try to install driver version 343.98, I get the following message: "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". Could you please help me solve the problem? [b][u]Some technical info:[/u][/b] The graphics-card is Tesla C1060. The OS is Windows 7 64bit. Visual C++'s version is 2010. Cuda Toolkit's version is 8.0 (We need this version in order to be compatible with Python 3's Tensor-flow package). The current driver installed on the PC is of version 342.00. Nsight monitor's version 5.2.0.16321. Nvidia WNI 2.18.0. The new driver's full name is: "343.98_desktop_notebook_quadro_tesla_win8_winvista_win7_64bit.exe". Thanks in advance, Nir. [/quote] Hi, this is cuda tools forum, I guess you got driver installation issue, I think you can ask the guys in https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/58/cuda-setup-and-installation/
said:I have a similar problem:

I'm trying to connect Cuda to my graphics-card, but I get all sorts of issues:
(1) On Visual C++, when I try to run the following line:
cudaError_t error_id = cudaGetDeviceCount(&deviceCount);
error_id gets the value cudaErrorInsufficientDriver.
(2) When I open Nsight, it informs me that the driver's version should be 343.98.
(3) When I try to install driver version 343.98, I get the following message:
"This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

Could you please help me solve the problem?

Some technical info:
The graphics-card is Tesla C1060.
The OS is Windows 7 64bit.
Visual C++'s version is 2010.
Cuda Toolkit's version is 8.0 (We need this version in order to be compatible with Python 3's Tensor-flow package).
The current driver installed on the PC is of version 342.00.
Nsight monitor's version 5.2.0.16321.
Nvidia WNI 2.18.0.
The new driver's full name is: "343.98_desktop_notebook_quadro_tesla_win8_winvista_win7_64bit.exe".

Thanks in advance,
Nir.

Hi, this is cuda tools forum, I guess you got driver installation issue, I think you can ask the guys in

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/58/cuda-setup-and-installation/

Posted 01/01/2018 03:47 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply