Cuda 8.0 and 9.1 installation failed with no reason
[quote=""]I have a similar problem: I'm trying to connect Cuda to my graphics-card, but I get all sorts of issues: (1) On Visual C++, when I try to run the following line: cudaError_t error_id = cudaGetDeviceCount(&deviceCount); error_id gets the value cudaErrorInsufficientDriver. (2) When I open Nsight, it informs me that the driver's version should be 343.98. (3) When I try to install driver version 343.98, I get the following message: "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". Could you please help me solve the problem? [b][u]Some technical info:[/u][/b] The graphics-card is Tesla C1060. The OS is Windows 7 64bit. Visual C++'s version is 2010. Cuda Toolkit's version is 8.0 (We need this version in order to be compatible with Python 3's Tensor-flow package). The current driver installed on the PC is of version 342.00. Nsight monitor's version 5.2.0.16321. Nvidia WNI 2.18.0. The new driver's full name is: "343.98_desktop_notebook_quadro_tesla_win8_winvista_win7_64bit.exe". Thanks in advance, Nir. [/quote] Hi, this is cuda tools forum, I guess you got driver installation issue, I think you can ask the guys in https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/58/cuda-setup-and-installation/
said:I have a similar problem:

I'm trying to connect Cuda to my graphics-card, but I get all sorts of issues:
(1) On Visual C++, when I try to run the following line:
cudaError_t error_id = cudaGetDeviceCount(&deviceCount);
error_id gets the value cudaErrorInsufficientDriver.
(2) When I open Nsight, it informs me that the driver's version should be 343.98.
(3) When I try to install driver version 343.98, I get the following message:
"This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

Could you please help me solve the problem?

Some technical info:
The graphics-card is Tesla C1060.
The OS is Windows 7 64bit.
Visual C++'s version is 2010.
Cuda Toolkit's version is 8.0 (We need this version in order to be compatible with Python 3's Tensor-flow package).
The current driver installed on the PC is of version 342.00.
Nsight monitor's version 5.2.0.16321.
Nvidia WNI 2.18.0.
The new driver's full name is: "343.98_desktop_notebook_quadro_tesla_win8_winvista_win7_64bit.exe".

Thanks in advance,
Nir.

Hi, this is cuda tools forum, I guess you got driver installation issue, I think you can ask the guys in

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/58/cuda-setup-and-installation/

Posted 01/01/2018 03:47 AM   
hi harry: I have a similar problem. My OS is Windows 10 1709(16299.192) with directX 12 installed and .net framework 3.5 enabled, and still fail to install Nsight standalone at the step of installing DirectX, do you have any solution? I want to compile tensorflow for accelerating, do I have to install Nsight? or do I have any other way to do this? Thanks in advance..
hi harry:
I have a similar problem. My OS is Windows 10 1709(16299.192) with directX 12 installed and .net framework 3.5 enabled, and still fail to install Nsight standalone at the step of installing DirectX, do you have any solution?
I want to compile tensorflow for accelerating, do I have to install Nsight? or do I have any other way to do this?
Thanks in advance..

Posted 02/11/2018 01:42 PM   
Same here. There is nothing corrupted in my pc and I have latest drivers, Nsight Installation process sucks.
Same here. There is nothing corrupted in my pc and I have latest drivers, Nsight Installation process sucks.

Posted 02/12/2018 01:53 AM   
[quote=""]hi harry: I have a similar problem. My OS is Windows 10 1709(16299.192) with directX 12 installed and .net framework 3.5 enabled, and still fail to install Nsight standalone at the step of installing DirectX, do you have any solution? I want to compile tensorflow for accelerating, do I have to install Nsight? or do I have any other way to do this? Thanks in advance..[/quote] Nope, you can skip the nsight if you only want to compile the cuda app. Just unselect the visual studio addon when you try to install the cuda package
said:hi harry:
I have a similar problem. My OS is Windows 10 1709(16299.192) with directX 12 installed and .net framework 3.5 enabled, and still fail to install Nsight standalone at the step of installing DirectX, do you have any solution?
I want to compile tensorflow for accelerating, do I have to install Nsight? or do I have any other way to do this?
Thanks in advance..

Nope, you can skip the nsight if you only want to compile the cuda app. Just unselect the visual studio addon when you try to install the cuda package

Posted 02/14/2018 02:39 AM   
[quote=""]Same here. There is nothing corrupted in my pc and I have latest drivers, Nsight Installation process sucks.[/quote] Hello Could you use another pc to have a try?
said:Same here. There is nothing corrupted in my pc and I have latest drivers, Nsight Installation process sucks.

Hello

Could you use another pc to have a try?

Posted 02/14/2018 02:44 AM   
This is really annoying. None of the installers work even after checking the above mentioned off. By the way, for windows 10 - 64 bit, NVIDIA GEFORECE GTX 950M. Network installation as well as local fails with 8.0. I installed 9.0 couple of days ago, I got the error of some cudnnlib.dll missing. I am not sure about the exact file name. But there is an issue in GitHub. NVIDIA wastes the developers efforts and time. Time to move on to the better GPU providers.
This is really annoying. None of the installers work even after checking the above mentioned off.

By the way, for windows 10 - 64 bit, NVIDIA GEFORECE GTX 950M.

Network installation as well as local fails with 8.0. I installed 9.0 couple of days ago, I got the error of some cudnnlib.dll missing. I am not sure about the exact file name. But there is an issue in GitHub.

NVIDIA wastes the developers efforts and time. Time to move on to the better GPU providers.

Posted 04/09/2018 07:57 AM   
[quote=""]This is really annoying. None of the installers work even after checking the above mentioned off. By the way, for windows 10 - 64 bit, NVIDIA GEFORECE GTX 950M. Network installation as well as local fails with 8.0. I installed 9.0 couple of days ago, I got the error of some cudnnlib.dll missing. I am not sure about the exact file name. But there is an issue in GitHub. NVIDIA wastes the developers efforts and time. Time to move on to the better GPU providers. [/quote] I'm sorry for your experience, but this is cuda tools forum which should be nsight, you can ask the guys in https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/58/cuda-setup-and-installation/ if you miss some cuda libraries after installation.
said:This is really annoying. None of the installers work even after checking the above mentioned off.

By the way, for windows 10 - 64 bit, NVIDIA GEFORECE GTX 950M.

Network installation as well as local fails with 8.0. I installed 9.0 couple of days ago, I got the error of some cudnnlib.dll missing. I am not sure about the exact file name. But there is an issue in GitHub.

NVIDIA wastes the developers efforts and time. Time to move on to the better GPU providers.

I'm sorry for your experience, but this is cuda tools forum which should be nsight, you can ask the guys in https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/58/cuda-setup-and-installation/ if you miss some cuda libraries after installation.

Posted 04/09/2018 08:05 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply