Windows Defender flags cudnn64_6.dll as Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl

Hi Guys,
Windows Defender has begun to complain that …\Cudnn\Cudnn6.0\cuda\bin\cudnn64_6.dll contains a Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl . My suspicion is that this is a false positive warning from Defender but I thought I would check and see if anyone else is seeing the same behaviour.
My system is running Windows 10. Windows Defender Threat Definition Version 1.259.1155.0, installed on Jan 3, 2018.
Thanks!

Hi

I not a dev, but we are seeing thic same thing as of a a few hours ago affecting an application we have deployed. We had to whitelist the “trojan” as a quick fix.

Same problem happening this morning to me.

If I let windows defender remove it, a lot of my work applications don’t work anymore…

Gonnason
Did you have to manually remove the quarantined items from the “infected” devices or did the whitelisting of it clear them for you? I saw where your whitelisting resloved your application issue thanks

just whitelisting or allowing the “trojan” in defender was enough.

Well for what it’s worth I have submitted the file to Microsoft as a potential false positive. They will do further analysis on the file. If and when I hear anything back I will provide an update in this thread.
Thanks,
Wilf.

I did hear back from Microsoft Defender Security Intelligence. The result is, that as expected, cuda64_6.dll contains no malware. We should be good to simply exclude cuda64_6.dll from Windows Defender scans. Hopefully this analysis will also result in MS updating their Threat Definitions so everybody doesn’t keep running into this issue, but I have no way monitoring that action.
Thanks,
Wilf.