cuda 9.1 install fail with ubuntu 16.04 kernel version 4.13.0-26
Installing the NVIDIA display driver... The driver installation is unable to locate the kernel source. Please make sure that the kernel source packages are installed and set up correctly. If you know that the kernel source packages are installed and set up correctly, you may pass the location of the kernel source with the '--kernel-source-path' flag.
Installing the NVIDIA display driver...
The driver installation is unable to locate the kernel source. Please make sure that the kernel source packages are installed and set up correctly.
If you know that the kernel source packages are installed and set up correctly, you may pass the location of the kernel source with the '--kernel-source-path' flag.

Posted 01/11/2018 04:03 AM   
I witnessed the same behavior. I even tried following option: [code]--kernel-source-path=/usr/src/linux-headers-4.13.0-26-generic/[/code] but with no result. Output of [code]$uname -r[/code] 4.13.0-26-generic The same problem occurred when I tried installing CUDA 8.0.61 with driver version 375.26. Any idea?
I witnessed the same behavior.

I even tried following option:
--kernel-source-path=/usr/src/linux-headers-4.13.0-26-generic/

but with no result.

Output of
$uname -r
4.13.0-26-generic

The same problem occurred when I tried installing CUDA 8.0.61 with driver version 375.26.

Any idea?

Posted 01/15/2018 05:50 PM   
Probably a temporary solution for me was to downgrade the kernel which comes with a current fresh installation of Ubuntu 16.04 (you can check with uname -r): [code] sudo apt-get purge linux-image-4.13.0-26-generic sudo apt-get purge linux-headers-4.13.0-26-generic [/code] Update initramfs image: [code]sudo update-initramfs -u[/code] Reboot and try again.
Probably a temporary solution for me was to downgrade the kernel which comes with a current fresh installation of Ubuntu 16.04 (you can check with uname -r):
sudo apt-get purge linux-image-4.13.0-26-generic
sudo apt-get purge linux-headers-4.13.0-26-generic

Update initramfs image:
sudo update-initramfs -u

Reboot and try again.

Posted 01/15/2018 06:19 PM   
Yes, I just found that out as well. Actually the docs say that only 4.4 kernel is accepted currently for Ubuntu 16.04. Basically no LTS support at the moment.
Yes, I just found that out as well. Actually the docs say that only 4.4 kernel is accepted currently for Ubuntu 16.04. Basically no LTS support at the moment.

Posted 6 hours ago   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply