Nsight Monitor crash on 5.5
Hello, I can't use the latest version of Nsight because the monitor application keeps crashing on startup with this callstack: Application: Nsight.Monitor.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException at <Module>.Nvda.Messaging.InterprocessMessageQueue.GetMessagesAvailableEvent(Nvda.Messaging.InterprocessMessageQueue*) at <Module>.Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger.MessagingThread(Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger*) at <Module>.Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger.MessagingThread_(Void*) It first reports being connected to localhost but at the same time also reports that the connection has been terminated abnormally. It's a DX11 64 bit application running on Win10 Pro Build 16299.192 Any known workaround available? Thanks!
Hello,

I can't use the latest version of Nsight because the monitor application keeps crashing on startup with this callstack:

Application: Nsight.Monitor.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at <Module>.Nvda.Messaging.InterprocessMessageQueue.GetMessagesAvailableEvent(Nvda.Messaging.InterprocessMessageQueue*)
at <Module>.Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger.MessagingThread(Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger*)
at <Module>.Nvda.Messaging.CoIpcMessenger.MessagingThread_(Void*)

It first reports being connected to localhost but at the same time also reports that the connection has been terminated abnormally.
It's a DX11 64 bit application running on Win10 Pro Build 16299.192

Any known workaround available?
Thanks!

Posted 01/12/2018 04:18 PM   
Hi omniparagon, I'm sorry for the problem you met. Can you provide more information please? - Driver info - Did the issue happen with all samples including OpenGL samples? - can we have your sample please? then we can identify the issue quickly. Thanks, Letitia
Hi omniparagon,

I'm sorry for the problem you met.
Can you provide more information please?
- Driver info
- Did the issue happen with all samples including OpenGL samples?
- can we have your sample please? then we can identify the issue quickly.

Thanks,
Letitia

Posted 01/15/2018 03:36 AM   
Driver version is 388.71 on a GTX 960. Apologies, it's a closed source sample I can't share it. It did work on version 5.3. I don't currently have OpenGL samples to try it on, can you please point me to one? Regards
Driver version is 388.71 on a GTX 960.

Apologies, it's a closed source sample I can't share it. It did work on version 5.3.
I don't currently have OpenGL samples to try it on, can you please point me to one?

Regards

Posted 01/15/2018 12:01 PM   
Hi omniparagon, Can you please try the following samples at your convenience? - DX11 sdk, https://github.com/walbourn/directx-sdk-samples If the issue happened with the sdk samples, please tell me the steps to repro it. Thanks, Letitia
Hi omniparagon,

Can you please try the following samples at your convenience?
- DX11 sdk, https://github.com/walbourn/directx-sdk-samples

If the issue happened with the sdk samples, please tell me the steps to repro it.

Thanks,
Letitia

Posted 01/16/2018 03:24 AM   
The same problem happens when I try the InstancingFX11 sample. I just built a Release win32 version from the 2015 solution, changed it to use the windows sdk 10.0.15063.0, ran it once to see that it works and then tried to start it with Nsight using "Start Graphics Debugging" from VS. Same problem as above.
The same problem happens when I try the InstancingFX11 sample. I just built a Release win32 version from the 2015 solution, changed it to use the windows sdk 10.0.15063.0, ran it once to see that it works and then tried to start it with Nsight using "Start Graphics Debugging" from VS. Same problem as above.

Posted 01/16/2018 01:11 PM   
Hi omniparagon, I tried the sample - InstancingFX11 as Release|win32 locally, no crash, it ran smoothly with nsight. My configuration as below: - OS : WIN10 enterprise 10.0.16299.125 - nsight build : Nsight 5.5 release build, download link https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?dn=nsight-visual-studio-edition-5-5-0 - GPU: GTX 1080Ti - Sample : InstancingFX11 (Release|win32) - Visual Studio: VS2017,(target platform version is 10.0.15063.0, platform toolset is Visual Studio 2015 v140) Can you please check your configuration again and try it again please? Thanks, Letitia
Hi omniparagon,

I tried the sample - InstancingFX11 as Release|win32 locally, no crash, it ran smoothly with nsight.
My configuration as below:
- nsight build : Nsight 5.5 release build, download link https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?dn=nsight-visual-studio-edition-5-5-0
- GPU: GTX 1080Ti
- Sample : InstancingFX11 (Release|win32)
- Visual Studio: VS2017,(target platform version is 10.0.15063.0, platform toolset is Visual Studio 2015 v140)

Can you please check your configuration again and try it again please?

Thanks,
Letitia

Posted 01/17/2018 05:54 AM   
Hi Letitia, Unfortunately I don't have other configurations to try it on but I can confirm the issue is 100% reproducible with the configuration I've mentioned previously. Happy to help with any other info as I've not been able to use Nsight since 5.3. There is also a frequent crash of VS on shutdown due to having Nsight installed, since 5.3. The crash happens in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition 5.5\Host\Common\Qt5CoreNvda.dll Regards
Hi Letitia,

Unfortunately I don't have other configurations to try it on but I can confirm the issue is 100% reproducible with the configuration I've mentioned previously. Happy to help with any other info as I've not been able to use Nsight since 5.3.

There is also a frequent crash of VS on shutdown due to having Nsight installed, since 5.3. The crash happens in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Visual Studio Edition 5.5\Host\Common\Qt5CoreNvda.dll

Regards

Posted 01/17/2018 10:45 AM   
Hi omniparagon, I'll upgrade the OS to Win10 Pro Build 16299.192, and then check it again. As far as the issue of the frequent crash of VS on shutdown, we've already had an internal bug to track it. Thanks for your feedback. Letitia
Hi omniparagon,

I'll upgrade the OS to Win10 Pro Build 16299.192, and then check it again.

As far as the issue of the frequent crash of VS on shutdown, we've already had an internal bug to track it.
Thanks for your feedback.

Letitia

Posted 01/18/2018 09:27 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply