The USB on Jetson TX2 does not work. (* customized carrier board)

Dear sir, I’m using my customized carrier board for Jetson TX2.
Now it cannot work the all USB 2.0 lane.
Could you please give me hint?
I confirmed the Jetson TX2 works fine when it is set on original carrier board.
(The Jetson is not broken)

I confirmed following,

• The USB0/1_EN_OC keeps Low.
  • Supply the +5V to USB connector directry but cannot work.
  • When set the USB device to USB connector, the USB2_D- become Hi but no signals are found.

Now I doubt the USB_VBUS_DET.
This pin become Hi after the CARRIER_PWR_ON become Hi immediately on customized board.
The USB_VBUS_DET pin is tied to +5V(USB VBUS) and the OS stops to supply the VBUS from customized carrier board.
Because the OS misunderstand the Jetson should not be host because VBUS is already supplied.
But I can’t have conviction is this senario right.

I think the OS is stopping the USB function.
Could you please give me hints to enable the USB function?

Hi, did you follow the design guide? Can you please share the schematic of USB part?

I’d like to try to attach the schematics of USB part on this comment.
+5Vx is power supply from DC-DC converter.
And a module named Jetson_1J is a part of samtec connector on custom carier board.
USB2_sch.pdf (48 KB)

USBx_EN_OC have pull-up in module, they are default high. Also they should be high and so USBx_VBUS could have 5V output. If they keep low always, they might be held by OC pins of U1/U2. USB0_VBUS_DET is connected to VDD_VBUS directly in reference design, why do you connect it to USB0_EN_OC? This could cause logic problem. Please follow the OEM DG to check and modify your design.

Thanks for reply.
I did following action, but USBx_EN_OC cannot be Hi.

• Cut the net which is tied to A17 pin.(It means A17 looks like float)
  • I removed R3,R4,R5 register. *EN pin for U1 and U2 become force Hi(5V) and OUT pin supplies +5V.

I have wanted to tie USB0_EN_OC to EN pins but it is very difficult.
Thus I cut a net which is tied to USB0_EN_OC pin(A17).
USB0_EN_OC will be Hi by internal PU.(Its my exception)
A net which is tied to USB_VBUS_DET become +5V.(I confirmed)

But USBx_EN_OC cannot be Hi. The USB connectors are disabled yet.

It is strange since the module works fine on dev kit (which means USBx_EN_OC can be high on dev kit), assume there are other issues in your design, please compare to design guide to find out which part hold the USBx_EN_OC to low.

Thanks for kind reply.
Sorry to bother you.
I try to detect the problem.
regards,

Hello, the problem is not cleared yet.
But I could get dmesg text using UART interface.
I attached the text log of the dmesg on customed carrier board.

If you have any other way to detect the problem using Linux command or something log.
Could you please teach me?

regards,
dmsg-log.txt (62.9 KB)

Please refer to [url]Jetson/TX2 USB - eLinux.org

and check if your device tree is correct.

Thanks for your advice.
I successed to use USB2.0 keyboard on custom board.

Many thanks!

To clear misunderstandings, the USB 2.0 worked after Device Tree instructions is followed on DaneLLL post ?

Hi,

When I am trying to connect RP_Lidar to Tx2 through USB and run the rp_lidar package i get the following error.

[ INFO] [1545395346.838385792]: RPLIDAR running on ROS package rplidar_ros. SDK Version:1.9.0
[ERROR] [1545395346.838650208]: Error, cannot bind to the specified serial port /dev/ttyUSB0.
QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
[rplidarNode-2] process has died [pid 3122, exit code 255, cmd /home/nvidia/catkin_ws/devel/lib/rplidar_ros/rplidarNode __name:=rplidarNode __log:=/home/nvidia/.ros/log/0176cafc-051c-11e9-8029-00044ba55e22/rplidarNode-2.log].
log file: /home/nvidia/.ros/log/0176cafc-051c-11e9-8029-00044ba55e22/rplidarNode-2*.log

The RP_Lidar and its package works well when i use it with my lappy with ubuntu 16 and Ros kinetic

ranveer103069,

Please file a new topic for it. Your issue is not relevant with the original thread.