Can't detect the camera I2C address using J106 board on tx2

I’m using tx2 (r28.1,kernel 4.4.38),J106 carrier board for six cameras (rev1),one Raspberry Pi camera v2.1
Firstly I pull up the camera reset pin using the following command

echo 461 > export
echo out > direction
echo 0 > value
echo 1 > value

I have the following questions:
1.Then I use “sudo i2cdetect -y -r ” to detect the camera
On port A/C/E,I can see the address 0x10 .sometimes I can’t see 0x10. After I shutdown and boot (not just use reboot command), I can’t see it.
On port B/D/F,I fail to get the i2c acknowledge (I should see the address 0x12 on those ports,but I didn’t)

1. On port A/C/E,the I can get the I2C address 0x10. On those ports I use the following commamd in order to get the camera capture
export CAPS="video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1640, height=(int)1232, format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1"
DISPLAY=:0 gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc sensor-id=2 fpsRange="30 30" ! $CAPS ! autovideosink

the sensor-id matches the port number
0 – port A
1 – port B
. .
. .
. .
5 – port F
But I get the message :

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Socket read error. Camera Daemon stopped functioning.....
gst_nvcamera_open() failed ret=0
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I wonder if my gst-launch-1.0 command for capture is not right.

1. Maybe it’s the dtb problem. I try to add FDT in the </boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf>. And if there isn’t the FDT line in that file, the default FDT is tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb
    After I modified ,the extlinux.conf is
TIMEOUT 30
DEFAULT primary

MENU TITLE p2771-0000 eMMC boot options

LABEL primary
      MENU LABEL primary kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image
      FDT /boot/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dtb
      APPEND ${cbootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4

I specify FDT <tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dtb>, because I see in file <tegra186-camera-imx219-rr.dtsi> ,there is :

i2c@240000{
     imx219_a@10{
		compatible = "nvidia,imx219";
		reg = <0x10>;
		status = "okay";
		}
     imx219_b@12{
		compatible = "nvidia,imx219";
		reg = <0x12>;
		status = "okay";
		}
	}

And in file tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dts ,it has the line :

#include <t18x-common-modules/tegra186-camera-imx219-rr.dtsi>

Then I repeat the steps 1 and 2 ,I get the same problem.

1. I download the firmware for jetson tx2 based carrier boards form AUVIDEA https://auvidea.com/firmware/ version 1.5 and 1.4 . I follow the steps in readme.txt. I get the same problem in question 1 and 2.
    ps. I find all files in version 1.4 is the same as those in version 1.5, expect that there is a directory named source which contains some dts files in the version 1.5.

That is all.
Is there anybody have any clues to my questions.
Thanks.

Strongly suggest get the support from the Vendor. Otherwise you may need to probe power/i2c/mipi to make sure all thing is right first. You may find some clue from below topic

Hello ShaneCCC

I see the topic you mentioned. the poster can see the video device in /dev, but I can’t.
You said I can probe power/i2c/mipi. Could you tell me how to do it in detail? I’m a novice at those.
Thank you very much.

I can’t give you any suggestion here. You need HW guy help to check the sensor board schematic to probe it.

Auvidea says that the TX2 doesn’t support the camera for CSI-2 at the moment.

Sure would be great if they added that to their datasheets for their boards. Seems a bit shady to claim “support” for TX2, then add a bunch of connectors that do basically nothing.

Auvidea support seems to have basically dropped off the face of the earth since about middle of last year. I wonder if they’re still any good…

I believe Auvidea is a few people who are mainly hardware people. I don’t think they have any experienced software people on board; at some point they were waiting on some student project from a university to try to add camera support …

I’ve given up on the board I got. It looked nice, but without software support, it’s dead to me.

SEPARATELY, I think NVIDIA totally dropped the ball on camera/ISP support/documentation for TX2. I see a number of reasonably capable companies and people struggle for many months just to get it to do what it’s supposed to do. Maybe all the different bits of documentation needed are actually available across the swath of documentation for the system, but I don’t think so, and it’s certainly not collated into one place.

That’s not right. Below is from TRM

This section describes the Parker Camera Serial Interface (CSI), which is based on the MIPI® Alliance Specification for Camera
Serial Interface 2 (CSI-2), hereafter referred to as the CSI-2 specification. The MIPI® Alliance Specification for Camera Serial
Interface 2 (CSI-2) is available from the MIPI Alliance to its members at http://www.mipi.org/.

Just heard back from Auvidea support today. They still don’t support CSI cameras on TX2 (“We’re working on it. No dates yet.”).

IMHO Auvidea makes decent hardware, but totally lacks in software/support. So basically you are on your own. I wish they shell out some dough to hire folks from zhaw.ch to do some TX2 drivers work for them…

-albertr

Auvidea has a new driver update as of 2018.05, but doesn’t list CSI support
https://auvidea.com/firmware/

Did any of you have success with this?

Any updates for this?