Jetpack 3.1 for TX1 installation is stuck at "determining the IP address of target..."
I just got the issue in the post installation of JetPack 3.1 for TX1. What is to do next? Please advise
I just got the issue in the post installation of JetPack 3.1 for TX1.
What is to do next? Please advise

Posted 02/13/2018 02:58 PM   
How is the Jetson connected to the host? E.g., wired to switch and the host acting as router, versus both wired to a router.
How is the Jetson connected to the host? E.g., wired to switch and the host acting as router, versus both wired to a router.

Posted 02/13/2018 03:25 PM   
Yes, they are.
Yes, they are.

Posted 02/13/2018 03:32 PM   
Which method is used to connect the host and Jetson?
Which method is used to connect the host and Jetson?

Posted 02/13/2018 03:47 PM   
Jetson is connected to both host and router. host is also conneted to router and Jetson
Jetson is connected to both host and router. host is also conneted to router and Jetson

Posted 02/13/2018 03:50 PM   
host is connected to the host by usng a programing cable
host is connected to the host by usng a programing cable

Posted 02/13/2018 03:55 PM   
There is only one wired ethernet...I am interested in knowing the physical cable layout (this changes how addresses are provided).
There is only one wired ethernet...I am interested in knowing the physical cable layout (this changes how addresses are provided).

Posted 02/13/2018 03:55 PM   
As I said, both host and jetson are connected to the router by LAN cable, and Jetson is connected to the host with programming cable.
As I said, both host and jetson are connected to the router by LAN cable, and Jetson is connected to the host with programming cable.

Posted 02/13/2018 03:59 PM   
I just followed this instruction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJkOGMC8IrY
I just followed this instruction

Posted 02/13/2018 04:12 PM   
Ok. The USB cable is used for flash, but is not used for networking. The software install stage (after flash completes) uses only the wired ethernet cable. Because you have an external router you'll want to check the router to see what address it assigned to the Jetson. This is the address you'll need to enter manually. Do be sure your host has the "ssh-askpass" package installed...once you get an address entered it may use that for a password pop-up (or it may ask in the console of the Jetson).
Ok. The USB cable is used for flash, but is not used for networking. The software install stage (after flash completes) uses only the wired ethernet cable. Because you have an external router you'll want to check the router to see what address it assigned to the Jetson. This is the address you'll need to enter manually.

Do be sure your host has the "ssh-askpass" package installed...once you get an address entered it may use that for a password pop-up (or it may ask in the console of the Jetson).

Posted 02/13/2018 04:27 PM   
Yes, the host has the "ssh-askpass" package installed, however it just stucks at determining the IP address, so I can't go further. What is to do?
Yes, the host has the "ssh-askpass" package installed, however it just stucks at determining the IP address, so I can't go further.
What is to do?

Posted 02/13/2018 04:58 PM   
Does JetPack offer a chance in the console or elsewhere to either (a) enter a password, or (b) enter an address manually? The router will be the source of knowing the address if you can't login locally to the Jetson (or you can login over serial console and run ifconfig...or if you have a local monitor and keyboard, just run ifconfig from the local console).
Does JetPack offer a chance in the console or elsewhere to either (a) enter a password, or (b) enter an address manually? The router will be the source of knowing the address if you can't login locally to the Jetson (or you can login over serial console and run ifconfig...or if you have a local monitor and keyboard, just run ifconfig from the local console).

Posted 02/13/2018 05:02 PM   
TX1 does also not recognize any local monitor nor keyboard nor mouse. I have been trying 6 times and always stuck by determining the IP address I can use ifconfig to check for the IP address, but don't get the request to define it manually yet
TX1 does also not recognize any local monitor nor keyboard nor mouse.
I have been trying 6 times and always stuck by determining the IP address
I can use ifconfig to check for the IP address, but don't get the request to define it manually yet

Posted 02/13/2018 05:12 PM   
Serial console would be ideal to log in to the Jetson and see what the address is, but the router would also do. Check if you can ping the address, then check if ssh works.
Serial console would be ideal to log in to the Jetson and see what the address is, but the router would also do. Check if you can ping the address, then check if ssh works.

Posted 02/13/2018 05:15 PM   
Can you provide me any manual for the installtion, that leads me step-by-step such as preparation for the installtion till checking up after installtion? I really appreciate for that. It is really frustrated to search for the right answer in this forum
Can you provide me any manual for the installtion, that leads me step-by-step such as preparation for the installtion till checking up after installtion?
I really appreciate for that. It is really frustrated to search for the right answer in this forum

Posted 02/13/2018 05:16 PM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply