Error while starting /usr/local/driveworks/tools/recorder:

Sensor AR0231 RCCB Rev7 detected!
NvMediaImageCreateNew: Unable to create YUV surface
[CreateBufferNew:680] Failed to create nvmedia image
[BufferPool_Create_New:826] Failed to create buffer
[IppIspComponentCreateNew:636] BufferPool_Create failed
[NvMediaIPPComponentCreateNew:807] Failed to create NVMEDIA_IPP_COMPONENT_ISP component
Driveworks exception thrown: DW_NVMEDIA_ERROR: CameraGMSL: Cannot setup pipeline : 7

SensorDriver: Cannot create sensor camera.gmsl camera-type=ar0231-rccb,csi-port=cd,camera-count=3,output-format=h264,async-record=1,fifo-size=12

=================
Tests with up to 6 cameras connected (also trying different port B0-B3/C0-C3) are working w/o any issue. All cams are showing correct live view after starting recorder tool.
Maybe it’s a known issue and limitation by using only one Tegra GPU?
But so far I didn’t see any example for the .json config file of recorder tool to specify the GPU.
If it is really a GPU issue an upcoming question could be how to “timestamp” videostream processed by different GPUs synchronously?

I’m looking forward for some hints on this topic!

Today I was able to solve the issue by reduce the fifo-size=12 to fifo-size=3 after successfully using “sample_camera_multiple_gmsl” with 9x AR0231 based Sekonix cams.

“recorder”-tool was able to capture and record all 9x camera video streams to an attached USB3-SDD.
Please find my working “cam” section of the recorder.json as follows:

"camera": {
			"separate-thread": true,
			"record-thread-priority": 0,
			"write-file-pattern": "video_*",
			"sensors": [
				{
					"protocol": "camera.gmsl",
					"params": "camera-type=ar0231-rccb,csi-port=ab,camera-count=4,camera-mask=1111,slave=0,cross-csi-sync-0,output-format=h264,async-record=1,fifo-size=3",
					"channel-names": [
						"A0",
						"A1",
						"A2",
						"A3"
					]
				},
				{
					"params": "camera-type=ar0231-rccb,csi-port=cd,camera-count=4,camera-mask=1111,slave=0,cross-csi-sync-0,output-format=h264,async-record=1,fifo-size=3",
						"B0",
						"B1",
						"B2",
						"B3"
					]
				},
				{
					"params": "camera-type=ar0231-rccb,csi-port=ef,camera-count=1,camera-mask=0001,slave=0,cross-csi-sync-0,output-format=h264,async-record=1,fifo-size=3",
						"C0"
					]
				}
			]
		},

Maybe it helps anybody. ;-)

Dear nexulm,

Great thank you for your sharing.