Problems with 3D stereo issue on RHEL 7.3 with Quadro P3000 video cards.

Hello!

I am having issues with 3D stereo issues on P4000 Video card on RHEL 7.3 Workstation P910, when I make changes on /etc/X11/xorg.conf to enable Stereo 3D Graphics on Workstation having issues like the machine hangs up, This machine has GNOME 3 installed and Running RHEL 7.3[3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64]

Note: emitter with separate cables to USB attached to this Quadro P3000 video card and showing Red Signal.

1. /etc/X11/xorg.conf: I have added the following on xorg file using Command line with out editing this xorg.conf file manually. When I try to add nvidia-xconfig --stereo=10 and then restart X windows the machine hangs when I was installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.25.run drivers, After uninstall and install NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-384.69.run and comment out #Option “Stereo” “10” and restart X windows works fine, But had issues with enable this Stereo 3D on this workstation using GNOME3 or KDE.

Section “Screen”
Identifier “Screen0”
Device “Device0”
Monitor “Monitor0”
DefaultDepth 24
Option “Composite” “Disable”
Option “Stereo” “10”
SubSection “Display”
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

2.Attached nvidia-installer.log & nvidia-bug-report.log.gz, Please check it and let me know.

Thanks,
Illango
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (241 KB)
nvidia-installer.log (27.2 KB)

Gnome won’t work with composition disabled. Driver 390 should have stereo working with composition enabled according to the changelog.

Thank you. I will check it.

Forgot to notify , Schrodinger Application is running on this Machine , I believe in order to work this Application composition needs to disabled. Also I have installed Mate Desktop to work properly for Desktop Graphical login. Stereo emitter version is 2 and currently attached Emitter with separate cables to USB attached to this Quadro P4000 video card.

When I enable stereo using nvidia-xconfig –stereo=10 line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf , The Machine hangs at started GNOME display manager on the console . but when I commented out this line then no issues with log in to Graphical window. Tested on Mate Desktop as well.

currently Dual Monitors is attached to HDMI port on this machine Machine. This Asus monitor has 3D Display and worked fine before like using old D20 machine running RHEL 6.

Thanks,