Video Stabilization on Tegra K1

Dear community,

I’m here to ask for some help about video stabilization on TK1, more in details through VisionWorks.

I would like to do an online stabilization of a video stream over the LAN, but when it comes to use the provided VW sample (video_stabilizer) I get a lot of latency (around 1.5s), especially if I use the default parameters (n=5) for the number of smoothing frames. I would like to know if you can help me in reducing that latency or at least if you can tell me which parts of the code are responsible for that.

I need to keep it below a threshold of 200-300ms; do you think it is a result I can achieve?

Do you know any other way to get a decent real time video stabilization with the TK1? (i.e. OpenCV with CUDA acceleration)

Thanks a lot for your time, any answer will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Alessandro

hello alessandrodortenzio,

may i know the image resolution and fps you would like to do video stabilization,
also, please refer to this external wiki page to boost the performance.
thanks

[url]https://elinux.org/Jetson/Performance[/url]

Dear JerryChang,

The resolution ranges between 640x480 and 1280x720 with fps from 12 to 19 usually. So I guess it’s not a problem of resolution. I would like at the same time to keep the CPU load as lower as possible in order to keep computational power for further applications. Do you think that is anything I could achieve? An acceptable latency would be 200-300ms at most. Thanks for your time!

Best,

Alessandro

Dear Alessandro,

It’s a long time since you post your message,

I’m wondering if you succeed to lower the latency ?

additionally, in order to understand more what is the input of the video camera (is it USB )?

I understood your output is RJ45.

Thank you for your information,

Best,

Theo