"Error: Component is missing" encountered while installing DriveInstall v5.0.5.0a

Hi,
I have DrivePX2 AutoChauffeur (P2379) board and I was using DriveInstall V4.1 SDK till now. Now I am trying to freshly download and install v5.0.5.0a. But during installation in the I am getting “Error: Component is missing” for all the components.

I am following the instuctions as mentioned but still facing this error.

Please let me know how can I resolve this error and install v5.0.5.0a.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Dear Ashutosh,
Please double check the installation instruction given at Autonomous Vehicle Development Platforms | NVIDIA Docs. Please share the installation log to get more insights

Hi Siva,

I rechecked the installation instructions and I am following the same.

How to get the installation logs? I am trying “Export Log” In the Component Manager but it is saving a empty log file.

Please tell me how to get the installation logs.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Dear Ashutosh,
You can find log folder at /5050aL_SDK/installer/logs. Can you check if your network has firewall issues. Please check if setting up http_proxy variable fix the issue.
Also try NV_DEVTOOLS_FORBID_MULTIPLE_DOWNLOAD_THREADS=1 ./DriveInstall
.run
If these things dont help, can you check connec ting your machine to internet directly and install?

Hi Siva,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will try setting up the proxy.

In the meantime can you tell me how to send you the log file? I do not see any file attachment option here.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Dear Ashutosh,
Please check the two methods I mentioned above. If they don’t help, Please post the error you see log file here.

Hi Siva,

We dont have firewall and proxies but I will try to download at home network also today. If I see the error then I will post the error messages form log file.

One more thing are there any prerequisite packages which I need to install before I run DriveInstaller? Though the instructions does not say anything. Let me know if I need to install packages before the DriveInstaller?

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Hi Siva,

Downloading went well at home network. Since I have cmake3.5 already installed so there was some conflict in cmake installation.
I will try it out today at home. Hopefully it should work.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Hi Siva,

Download and installation is successful but Aurix FW is not updated. I run the following command to update it

sudo /bin/bash /etc/systemd/scripts/nv_aurix_check_fw.sh -auto_update

On running this command I am getting the following message

“Aurix is booted with old EB FW which does not support AURIX OTA. Please flash new EB FW from Windows based flasher as provided by PDK”

can you please help me how to update the Aurix FW with ubuntu 14.04 host system?

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Dear Ashutosh,
Could you please look at the instructions provided at Autonomous Vehicle Development Platforms | NVIDIA Docs

DriveInstall ran fine in my home network but I encountered the same “Error: Component is missing” error in the network at my workplace and was able to overcome it using NV_DEVTOOLS_FORBID_MULTIPLE_DOWNLOAD_THREADS=1 ./DriveInstall_.run command as suggested by the moderator.