nsight_tegra_build_overrides.gradle are deprecated in version 3.5

I used to place my package dependencies into ‘nsight_tegra_build_overrides.gradle’ and I got the feeling the latest versions of Nsight Tegra changed something.

The main gradle file located at \Project\Tegra-Android\Debug\build\nsight_tegra_build.gradle
contains this in one of my older projects:
if (new File(“REMOVED\nsight_tegra_build_overrides.gradle”).exists()) {
apply from: “REMOVED\nsight_tegra_build_overrides.gradle”
}

This seems to check if the overwrite file exists and then applies it.
But this line is missing with the new Nsight Tegra in nsight_tegra_build.gradle.

What happend and how can I keep adding my own stuff to the gradle?

Hi Xood, the support for overrides was deprecated and removed from Nsight Tegra 3.5
If your project needs to have a custom Gradle build script, feel free to write it from scratch and point the build system to it via the project property called ‘Gradle build script override path’.
Your script might import the auto-generated script file that exports some of the MSBuild project properties as Gradle variables.

Thank you Mikhail for the response.

The main reason I needed the overwrite.gradle is to add dependency to packages.
I believe it is very typical to add packages, like Facebook, AdMob and so many others.

Is there now a different way to do this?

Xood
You can copy the auto-generated Gradle build script and use it as a blueprint for a custom one.

Ok, thank you this seems to work as I can customize it.
But why was the change made and not communicated? For instance a simple check could output an error or warning if the old _overwrite.gradle was still in use.

Further looking at this auto-generated Gradle I see something which looks like it was meant to replace the dependencies:
nsight_tegra_project_dependencies.each({
// TODO: 1. This code only handles the local Unix-slashed paths to JAR files ‘c:/this/is/my.jar’
if(file(it).exists()) {
// TODO: 2. The dependencies could only be added into the ‘compile’ configuration
add(‘compile’, files(it))
}
})

Is this all still work in progress?

Xood
A developer can specify the paths to JAR files (dependencies) in VS project’s properties.
These JAR files are added to the list of compile items in auto-generated Gradle build script.
You can’t specify AAR dependencies using VS project’s properties as of yet.