Over Exposure problem while using Sekonic AR0231 with NvMedia

Hello,
I have been been using the ipp_capture_encode module present in Nvmedia. I have been facing some problems with the encoded video. They seem to be overexposed. Is there some way wherein I can get rid of the over-exposure? I presume there is not any inherent settings in the NvMedia source code that allows to change the exposure levels. Could you please suggest a way to do this?
Thanks.

Dear raghavhrishi16k,

Could you please refer to below link for your topic?

External Media

We have been observing the same issue after migrating from sdk 4 to sdk 5 , when using the Driveworks API to capture camera data (AR0231 RCCB leopard imaging rev7 sensor).

Dear nunovxax9,
Driveworks does not provide a way to control exposure directly. You need to use NVMedia API as steve pointed

Hello,
When I use the instruction "./nvmimg_cc -wrregs dvp_o_ar0231_raw12_hdr_1920x1236_ab_rccb_v7.script -d 0 -sensor ar0231 -et1 31233 -et2 1370 -ag3 2.5 -dg 2.4 -cg2 1 -ag2 1.3 -ag1 1.4
" , I am getting the following error:
can’t open /dev/i2c-7
nvmedia: ERROR: I2cProcessInitialRegisters: Failed to open handle with id 7
nvmedia: ERROR: CaptureInit: Failed to write to initial registers over I2C
nvmedia: ERROR: CaptureInit: Failed to initialize Capture
nvmedia: ERROR: main: Failed to Initialize Capture
***** aurix state *****
CAM_PWR_ON: 0x0
TEGRA_GMSL: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_FPDL: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_A_HDMI: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_B_HDMI: UNKNOWN
TEGRA_PCI: UNKNOWN
FAN_STATE: UNKNOWN

Kindly let me know how I can fix it.
Thanks

Hello,
Is there a possibility to use tweak the exposure using img_capture while running it as the images seem over exposed ?
Thanks

raghavhrishi16, there is a note in the documenion to run it with the root user.

Note:
The nvmimg_cc application must be run with the root user to allow the application to access the I2C bus and to program the camera module.

Am I understanding this thread correctly in that you can be running a camera capture loop in one process then reprogram the exposure of the camera using nvmimg_cc while still running the capture process?