Multi-Camera argus failure

I’ve created an application that uses libargus to read from 3 cameras (using a leopard Imaging carrier board). The code is based on the
10_camera_recording demo.

It seems to work fine, but after several minutes IFrameConsumer::acquireFrame returns null, and sets status to STATUS_DISCONNECTED. This seems to happen for all 3 cameras.

How do I go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks

Can you try the argus_camera this APP can launch multi sensor and been verified.

the argus_camera app also eventually fails; giving this error on the terminal:

(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Unexpected error in reading socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 214)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Receiving thread terminated with error (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadWrapper(), line 317)

My board is this one: https://leopardimaging.com/product/li-tx1-cb/
it connects to 3 of these cameras: https://leopardimaging.com/product/li-imx185-mipi-m12/
with 300mm ipex cables: https://leopardimaging.com/product/faw-1233-cable/

note: I’m starting argus_camera like this:

./argus_camera --module="Multi Session"

I’ve tried linking against ‘libargus.so’ instead of ‘libargus_socketclient.so’ and stopping the argus_daemon service.

When I do this, my program runs for much longer, but eventually segfaults in a thread with the title “Firebird3dnrSta” which is buried in libcuda.so

this segfault happens both in my code, as well as argus_camera.

I’m creating a single CameraProvider, and then creating several threads which each create an EGLStream::IFrameConsumer object to acquire frames from. It seems like all the calls in argus (which is a library that creates a lot of threads) ought to be thread safe, but is this a bad assumption? should I be doing some more locking?

Hi wdouglass,

Please set the noise reduction to off on Argus GUI to see if it helps.

Hello everyone,
I write this comment because I have exactly the same problem, with the same hardware (except that I have IMX274M12 cameras) when I run the argus_camera GUI with multi session option with two cameras.
It is working for few seconds, then it freeze with this log issue :

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/tegra_multimedia_api/argus/build/apps/camera/ui/camera$ ./argus_camera
Executing Argus Sample Application (argus_camera)
Argus Version: 0.96.2 (multi-process)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Unexpected error in reading socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 214)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Receiving thread terminated with error (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadWrapper(), line 317)
(Argus) Error InvalidState: Receive thread is not running cannot send. (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function send(), line 96)
(Argus) Error InvalidState: (propagating from src/rpc/socket/client/SocketClientDispatch.cpp, function dispatch(), line 101)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

@SimonZhu :
Even if I set off the noise reduction, I still have the same problem.

The error is the same when I run the code in /argus/sample/multiSource. The window dedicated for stream is all black, and the writing of picture stop around the 80th photos.
But I can access for both cameras separately, with Gstreamer or Argus, without any trouble.

Have you found any solution for this particular case ?

PS. If I have to create a new topic for my case, let me know and I will.

Hi JamC,

Sorry for the trouble. Which IMX274 driver guide are you using? We may have new drivers for IMX274 + LI-TX1-CB kit. Please contact simonz@leopardimaging.com.

Thank you for your quick answer,

I’m using the driver from 2018.04.18 (it is the name of the file “tri_streaming_imx274_base28.2_TX2_CB_dtbs_20180418” and “tri_streaming_imx274_base28.2_TX2_CB_kernel_20180418” in the driver folder).
Does it answering to your question ?

All right, I will send you a mail.

Hi JamC,

The 20180418 driver should be the latest driver. For the Argus multi session function, you must run all three cameras. Otherwise, the video will freeze. The issue is not same as above IMX185 issue.