my first project fails to deploy to Google Cloud

nvidia-ngc-image-3 has resource warnings
nvidia-ngc-image-3-vm: {“ResourceType”:“compute.v1.instance”,“ResourceErrorCode”:“403”,“ResourceErrorMessage”:{“code”:403,“errors”:[{“domain”:“usageLimits”,“message”:“Quota ‘NVIDIA_P100_GPUS’ exceeded. Limit: 0.0 in region europe-west1.”,“reason”:“quotaExceeded”}],“message”:“Quota ‘NVIDIA_P100_GPUS’ exceeded. Limit: 0.0 in region europe-west1.”,“statusMessage”:“Forbidden”,“requestPath”:“https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/franks-first-digits-project/zones/europe-west1-d/instances",“httpMethod”:"POST”}}
Deployment properties
ID
Created On
2018-04-03 (12:12:21)
Manifest Name
manifest-1522753941523
Config
View
Imports
c2d_deployment_configuration.json

Alibaba doesn’t like my credit card
common.py
default.py
nvidia-ngc-image.jinja
nvidia-ngc-image.jinja.display
nvidia-ngc-image.jinja.schema
password.py
path_utils.jinja
resources/en-us/nvidia-ngc-image_small.png
resources/en-us/nvidia-ngc-image_store.png
software_status.py
software_status.py.schema
software_status.sh.tmpl
software_status_script.py
software_status_script.py.schema
test_config.yaml
vm_instance.py
Layout
View
Expanded Config
View

I noticed you received the error image - “Quota ‘NVIDIA_P100_GPUS’ exceeded. Limit: 0.0 in region europe-west1”. Before you can run the NVIDIA GPU Cloud image you will need GPU quota in the region you want to launch in. You can check and edit your current GCP quota is the IAM & Admin page.

Thanks

I watched the $300 free credit vanish like snow off a ditch as I was struggling with setup and as I am teaching in Morocco we can’t afford this sort of expenditure (over $1000 per month) so a cloud based solution is unsupportable. END OF OPTION

As a x5 elapsed time extension is intolerable (my 22 hour job crashed after 18 hours) END OF OPTION

I have no alternative but to revert to knife and forking through the Ubuntu setup and try and sort out the configuration nightmare for the Ubuntu build of Two Days (months?) to a Demo.

It all seems to have to do with protobuf and protoc