cufftPlan2d failed when too many calls
Hi there, We need to create lots of cufft plans using 'cufftPlan2d' but it will fail after many calls: [code]code=1 "cufftPlan2d(&plan, n[0], n[1], CUFFT_C2R)[/code] So I am wondering is there a limit of how many handles 'cufftPlan2d' can create?
Hi there,
We need to create lots of cufft plans using 'cufftPlan2d' but it will fail after many calls:

code=1 "cufftPlan2d(&plan, n[0], n[1], CUFFT_C2R)

So I am wondering is there a limit of how many handles 'cufftPlan2d' can create?

Posted 04/16/2018 06:31 AM   
you'll run out of memory, eventually
you'll run out of memory, eventually

Posted 04/16/2018 02:31 PM   
If it runs out of memory, shouldn't the error code be '2'? But it returns '1'.
If it runs out of memory, shouldn't the error code be '2'? But it returns '1'.

Posted 04/17/2018 12:17 AM   
And one thing, my app can use multiple GPU cards. It only reports error when there are more than 4 cards, wierd.
And one thing, my app can use multiple GPU cards. It only reports error when there are more than 4 cards, wierd.

Posted 04/17/2018 12:28 AM   
1 is invalid plan, which isn't a documented error type for cufftPlan2D probably would need a complete test case, with a description of how to use it to produce the error If you have a self-contained test case, you can file a bug at developer.nvidia.com
1 is invalid plan, which isn't a documented error type for cufftPlan2D

probably would need a complete test case, with a description of how to use it to produce the error

If you have a self-contained test case, you can file a bug at developer.nvidia.com

Posted 04/17/2018 02:12 PM   
I have created a minimal test case for this issue and looks like cufft has a limit of plans created. I can not create more than 500 plans in a single process, is this designed to be so or something else? Should I file a bug report?
I have created a minimal test case for this issue and looks like cufft has a limit of plans created. I can not create more than 500 plans in a single process, is this designed to be so or something else? Should I file a bug report?

Posted 04/19/2018 09:03 AM   
I don't know if it is by design or not. It's not a common scenario. There might still be a bug in your application. Anyway, you're welcome to file a bug report.
I don't know if it is by design or not. It's not a common scenario. There might still be a bug in your application. Anyway, you're welcome to file a bug report.

Posted 04/19/2018 02:28 PM   
I have filed a bug report with minimal test case. bug ID: 2106819
I have filed a bug report with minimal test case. bug ID: 2106819

Posted 04/20/2018 01:35 AM   
Scroll To Top

Add Reply