Setting specific driver parameters in Linux

Hi,

I know there has been discussion about a profile inspector on Windows and I have used it, I am running Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS and want to set the same parameters for the 1060/1070 services cards. It seems like the mechanism “Option RegistryDwords” in xorg.conf provides a way to set specific values in the driver, what I want to set is the equivalent of “CUDA - Force P2 State” hex 0x50166c5e (Windows Driver offset) and/or possibly “FORCE_PSTATE_P0” hex 0x00400000 (again, Windows driver value through Profile Inspector). Can you tell me the correct offset to change these values in Linux using the Option RegistryDwords or if there is a way to set this via another tool like Nvidia-settings?

I tried:

Option “RegistryDwords” “0x50166C5E=0x0; 0x00040000=0x1” # Force P2 State off, Force p0 state enabled"

as a guess, I assume I am missing something, can someone provide me a pointer to the a file with correct offsets to set these parameters?

Thanks,

Don

Forget about that, the inspector/profile inspector afaik uses the NVAPI to control the driver which is windows-only. And even if it existed for linux, most controls are available under NDA only.

Hi,

I hear you but I am not asking for state secrets here, just a set of specific parameters which are public on another platform.

Can someone from the Nvidia Linux driver team provide some guidance.

Thanks,

Don

Talking about a company that regards the colour of the capacitors used a business secret (kidding?), you’re asking very well about ‘state secrets’.
See for yourself:
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/nvapi[/url]
NDA - NDA - NDA
So while those offsets might be kind of ‘public’, the way to acquire them is not.
And a dev will surely not answer as that will be like running through a thoroughly stuffed mine field for them.