Digits install - Not supported nvidia graphics cards?

I’ve installed nvidia-docker + pulled DIGITS 18.03.

When I start, I get the following error:

ERROR: Detected NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU, which is not supported by this container
ERROR: No NVIDIA supported GPU(s) detected to run this container

I’m wondering;

a) Have I set up something incorrectly or,
b) My hardware isn’t supported. I have not been able to find a list of what hardware is supported. (Running driver 384.111 - works with the CUDA 9.0 install)

My aim is to run DIGITS on my laptop for training on my Jetson TX2 board. But do I need a desktop with a non-mobile GeForce? (The Jetson board flashed just fine + ran demo programs successfully).

Don’t have a lot of linux experience to date, but learning fast.

Sorry for the confusion. The NGC registry doesn’t support Pascal or Volta cards.

My recommendation would be to build DIGITS yourself. It’s fairly straightforward. Start at:
https://github.com/NVIDIA/DIGITS/blob/master/docs/BuildDigits.md

If you have troubles building DIGITS, post questions on the forum.

GTX 960M is sm_50, but the base container image that DIGITS is built upon requires sm_52 and above. That’s why it output the message you saw when DIGITS was launched.

My GPU is also GTX 960M and thus I encountered the same problem and have taken three days to address it…

I think it would better if NVIDIA could tell us the GTX 960M can not support docker+digits in the installation guide.

As suggested, I did install/build DIGITS and got everything to run.

However, trying the object detection example overwhelmed the ol’ 960M and its 2 GB of GPU memory.

Currently scouting around for someone with a GeForce 1080. Might see if I can go in on a weekend at work and give it a go.

Thanks all for the replies.