Unable to open VMD in Ubuntu 16.04

We have a Dell PowerEdge R730 Server with Ubuntu 16.04. The server had 2X P100 cards. Cuda
version 9.1 was installed.

I have installed VMD in the system.

However I am unable to use the VMD. Whenever I launch the VMD, it throws a message as below:

Warning) Detected X11 ‘Composite’ extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this X server option. Most OpenGL drivers
Warning) disable stereoscopic display when ‘Composite’ is enabled.
XRequest.155: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 0x0
ERROR) Could not create OpenGL rendering context-> Exiting…
Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.9.3 (November 30, 2016)
Info) Unable to create OpenGL window.

I have been redirected here from the NVIDIA support.

Kindly help

Thank You

Regards
Zaved
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (130 KB)

Stereoscopic view and the xserver’s composite extension have been mutual exclusives, so that had to be disabled in xorg.conf and a non-compositing WM had to be used. That was subject to change in more recent drivers but I don’t know to what extent. To have more information, please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting .gz file to your post. Hovering the mouse over an existing post will reveal a paperclip icon.

Dear Generix

Thank you for your response.

Can you kindly elaborate a little bit, how to disable it in xorg.conf?

Please find in the attachment, the bug report.

Thank You

Regards
Zaved
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (130 KB)

Sorry, but you’re lacking the hardware. You have two Teslas which are plain compute cards and your monitor is connected to the onboard rudimentary Matrox graphics, which (to my knowledge) is not capable of displaying stereoscopic images. Everything is software rendered on them, anyway.
You would need an additional Quadro card for display.

Thank you for the response.

Can’t we utilize the existing Tesla cards to do the rendering job for any visualization software? Is there any way to do so?

Thank You

Unfortunately not due to the Matrox being too rudimentary to do output redirection. It’s a very simple device with a limited driver.

Thank you for your kind response.