Boot on power on (Solved)

Is there a way to make the Xavier boot when power is applied?

Yes, the development kit manual lists a header that you can close with a shunt (jumper) to make it auto-power-on on boot.
Much better than the TX2 devkit, which required soldering!

Awesome I was hoping that was the case. Haven’t seen documentation on the header yet which manual is it in? I should have my rover ready to go this week. Had to make a few changes to a couple of files in my ROS stack for melodic. But its built now and ready to go.

I think the header is J508. It’s mentioned as “power header” in the “Jetson Xavier Developer Kit” manual, but not actually documented there, so I must have seen the specifics somewhere else.

A-ha! The carrier board specification file documents J508 as “automation header.”

Tie pin 5 and 6 together.

1 Like

Also, I think the direction indication is as confused as it can be. Input is “to header” – from the Xavier direction, or from the connected device direction? From what the pins do, it’s not even clear – I’d expect “force recovery” and “power on” to be inputs to the board from the connected device, but I’d expect “overcurrent indicator” to be output to the connected device or indicator. Yet, they are both marked as “input.”

But maybe, actually, the “overcurrent” signal is intended for some external power supply to indicate to the Jetson that things are bad? Is there any documentation on what reads this signal, and how it reacts?

Hi snarky, SYSTEM_OC_N should be “output”, will check and update, thanks.

Update: SYSTEM_OC_N is the “input” from header to chip as the 2nd note under table showing.

@danpollock

I came across this question, but im unsure why Trumany’s answer was the accepted answer for auto power up.

Is snarky’s comment about Jumping pin 5 and 6 not the correct way of enabling auto boot ?

‘Jumping’ Pins 5 & 6 (ACOK) works!

In which manual is this table found? Thanks.

Search for “carrier” among the documentation downloads on the nvidia site, you will find it.

1 Like