what is the use of tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000-maxn.dtb DTB file in L4T31.1?

Hi,
Thanks Nvidia Team for stable L4T_31.1 release, But I have some Query on this release.

• I have seen jetson-xavier-maxn.conf in Quick start, when user can use this conf instead of jetson-xavier.conf ?
  • I have seen tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000-maxn.dtb in Quick start, when I flash only dtb like below command but I didn't observe any changes in power mode. Please explain for understanding.
    sudo ./flash.sh  -r -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier-maxn mmcblk0p1

Thanks

riteshkumar.p,

If you check the dts in kernel source, you could see that dt only changes the thermal zone temperature.

Could you still try to use nvpmodel?

Hi WayneWWW,
Yes, I checked the dts file and find out this thermal zone temperature change only but I want to know if i flash Quick start with jetson-xavier-maxn config then also we need to change power mode manually using nvpmodel.
I flashed quick start with jetson-xavier-maxn config but I didn’t seen any changes in sudo ./jetson_clocks.sh --show, so Please help me on the actual use case for this jetson-xavier-maxn config

Thanks

riteshkumar.p,

Because the thermal zone settings are different between this mode (MaxN) and others, we need to use different bpmp dtb and kernel dtb. Otherwise, you cannot use MaxN.

You still need to use nvpmodel manually for adjusting mode.

Hi WayneWWW,
Thanks for your valuable comment,
According to your comments, if I flash using jetson-xavier config then I change power mode to 0. Is this not running in MaxN mode?

Also, If I want to use Xavier Board in POWER MODE 0 then I need to use jetson-xavier-maxn config.
Is this highly recommended ?.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks

Hi,

To use MaxN (or I should say EDP) mode, you must flash with this config and still need to use nvpmodel to set to mode 0.

Thanks, WayneWWW.

Hi riteshkumar.p,

May I ask which document did you see this config?

Hi WayneWWW,
I am not able to see any documentation for flashing different config file, even L4T 31.1 documentation also not updated it’s still showing flashing l4t31.0.1.

For Power mode, I am using L4T 31.1 documentation.