libcublas.so.10.0 cannot be found

libcublas.so.10.0 cannot be found when I import tensorflow. The problem is that on the specified path /usr/local/cuda-10.0/lib64 it exists such a file. I think I have set the environmental variables correctly.

ImportError: libcublas.so.10.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

There is a similar bug to mine posted it but in my case the libcublas file does exist in the lid_library_path. I would appreciate your help.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I’m working on a server and my I keep getting the same error, however the file is located in the same location as the comment above. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

2 Likes

Try to run in terminal

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.0/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

then start python in same terminal session and import tensorflow

You probably forgot to add these lines to your .bashrc or .profile so tensorflow can’t find cuda (assuming you are on some linux distro)

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/cuda/lib64:/usr/local/cuda/extras/CUPTI/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export PATH="/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH"

A symlink that links /usr/local/cuda-10.0 to /usr/local/cuda should be created automatically when you installed cuda if you use nvidia’s repository, so that you don’t have to change these every time you have a different version of cuda. If the link doesn’t exist then you can create it yourself

sudo ln -s /usr/local/cuda-10.0 /usr/local/cuda
1 Like