usb device missing when in recovery mode

Hi,

I’m using the NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Xavier DevKit. Currently I’m having a problem when setting Tegra A into recovery mode using “tegrarecovery x1 on”.
After activating the recovery mode and resetting Tegra A, I can’t see a Nvidia device when doing lsusb.
This only happens to Tegra A. Tegra B works fine though.

So I’m doing the same things like in:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1046687/drive-agx/missing-nvidia-usb-devices-during-upgrade/post/5311756/#5311756[/url]

And can’t see an entry like “Bus 003 Device 043: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.” in the output of lsusb.
There are no other USB devices connected to the host machine and the Aurix version is the same as in the provided link.

I was wondering if Tegra A is hanging in RCM of BootRom (just a thought)?
Is there any reset mechanism to recover Tegra A?

Dear agx42,

Could you please refer to the following topics in DRIVE™ Software Documentation (ZIP)?
-. DRIVE OS → Setting Up Your Board → Placing the Board in/out of Recovery Mode
-. DRIVE OS → Bootloader → Recovery Mechanism

Hi SteveNV,

I already read those sections. And the recovery mode works for Tegra B. The problem is that the RECOVERY MODE does NOT work for Tegra A. When I set Tegra A in recovery mode and reset it, there is no USB device!
Do you know of another method to tell if the Tegra is in recovery mode (besides lsusb)?
Can you tell if one can flash the Tegra A via JTAG. Cause I can’t flash it the proper way.

Dear agx42,

Could you please try to flash with SDK manager tool if possible?
And if the system does not flash, please send a log file of the problem.
Unfortunately can not flash through JTAG. Thanks.

So I used the SDK manager to flash Tegra A and it flashed successfully.
But it flashed Tegra B (using Tegra A images) instead of Tegra A !!
So I ended up in having Tegra A software and desktop background image on Tegra B!

Dear agx42,

I’m a bit confused.
Flashed TegraA using the SDK tool, but TegraB was flashed?
If so, this is a bug in SDK manager tool.
Could you please share the log file in ~/.nvsdkm directory on you host PC? Thanks.

Hi SteveNV,

there is nothing special I can see in the log.
Is there a way to tell if the SoC is dead?

Don’t know if I already mentioned but there is no serial output from Tegra A.
sdkm_f.log (1.11 MB)

Dear agx42,

Did recovery mode ever work for TegraA on this board?
Is this the first time tried to flash, or did flashing work on a previous release?
Could you please let me know if did you do aurixreset? Thanks.

Did recovery mode ever work for TegraA on this board?
I think yes, cause the first time when using sdkmanager and SW8 release, flashing both tegras worked.
Is this the first time tried to flash, or did flashing work on a previous release?
First flash with SW8 worked. After that something went wrong and flashing/booting of Tegra A did not work.
When I started to work with the board, I tried to flash the board using different releases (using sdkmanager, bootburn, flash_bsp_images) without any success (Tegra A).
Could you please let me know if did you do aurixreset?
when? Before flashing, after flashing, while flashing, …?
I did a cold boot a warm boot, aurixreset, tegrareset but none of those things helped me to recover Tegra A!

Hi agx42,

Have you clarified the cause and resolved this issue?
An result can be shared?

Thanks

Unfortunately not.

Hi agx42,

We have DRIVE Software 9.0 release, please check if issue still there after flashed it.
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/drive/downloads[/url]

Thanks