Setting Manual Exposure and list of available options for nvarguscamerasrc

Hi,

i am not able to set manual exposure for jetson nano with rpi camera v2 using below gstreamer pipeline, it gives error no property called auto exposure, also can you help list all options available for nvarguscamerasrc?

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc exposure-time=1 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=3820, height=2464, framerate=21/1, format=NV12' ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=960, height=616' ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink -e

warning: errorneous pipeline: no preperty “exposure-time” in element “nvarguscamerasrc0”

1 Like

Have gst-inspect-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc to list the support properties.

1 Like

thanks but can you please help me achieve the same result of: 3. Basic Recipes — Picamera 1.13 Documentation

basically i need to set the ISO to 800 or raise the gain and turn off auto exposure, i have tried below but it didn’t work, the image is too dark because the exposure is locked at camera startup

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ispdigitalgainrange="14.72 14.72" gainrange="14.72 14.72" aelock=true ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1024, height=768, framerate=120/1, format=NV12' ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink -e

also note that previously in nvcamerasrc you had auto-exposure parameter available, but now in nvarguscamerasrc that parameter is not available.

1 Like

Have you tried adjusting property exposuretimerange ? I think this was working on a TX2 or Xavier:

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc wbmode=0 awblock=true gainrange="8 8" ispdigitalgainrange="4 4" exposuretimerange="5000000 5000000" aelock=true ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink
1 Like

sorry for the late reply, but it didnt actually work, the image is darker than auto mode, please check the comparison of images below

1. using manual settings provided in your post:

1. without any settings (auto exposure):

This is manual mode…you would try increasing gain or exposure.

i was supposing the below block of parameters increase the gain and exposure

gainrange="8 8" ispdigitalgainrange="4 4" exposuretimerange="5000000 5000000"

do you have any other parameters to increase the gain and exposure and their suggested values?

This rather sets the gains and exposure than increase these.

Sorry if my example was out of range…in such case it may fallback to default settings…This might depend on your sensor’s specs.
exposure is in ns, so if you are running video you would have exposure time shorter than frame period (you may set framerate in caps for being sure of it).

# This sets exposure to 5 ms
exposuretimerange="5000000 5000000"

# This sets exposure to 20 ms
exposuretimerange="20000000 20000000"
1 Like

Hi,

a lot of posts cover how to set but I want to know how to read the settings.
I don’t want the range but what is the exposure time and gain for the current image/frame
I am trying to get the metadata from nvarguscamerasrc to python code using opencv but the reading the exposure property (cv2.CAP_PROP_EXPOSURE) gives me an warning and 0 as the value. Can you help me with this?

[ WARN:0] global /home/nvidia/host/build_opencv/nv_opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1034) getProperty OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unhandled property: 15

I was also not able to read it through command line

Hi @alsolh,

Did you manage to fix the issue? I also want to set the ISO 400 and enable white balance to auto. But changing the setting is not making any change in the image.