Is wake on Lan supported?

Does the Jetson nano support wake on lan?

Hi, please refer to this topic: [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1049398/jetson-nano/network-boot/[/url]

Thanks you for the reply Trumany! I don’t think this covers what I’m asking though. I want to know if this device can be woken up via a network message. When this message is received, the device starts up and boots in whatever manner it is setup for.

The application I am curious about is one where I have a number if Jetson nanos and want to be able to power them up via a wake on lan command. I’v done this before on a computer that supports it, but cannot find any information for the jetson and its dev board

Thanks again!

This is not an answer…It works on TX1 and Xavier, but not on TX2 because its Ethernet PHY doesn’t support it.

You would just try it (this was for Xavier R31.1, you may adapt for your case) and let us know.

Yes, the on board ethernet supports the WOL.

1.Connect Ethernet cable and boot

1. Put system in SC7

2. Execute “wakeonlan <DUT_MAC_ADDRESS>” on host machine to wake up Tegra

Our WoL test result on Jetson Nano DevKit is failure. Has anyone get the positive test result?

Could you share the steps? how you test?

Actually the suspend mode is being disabled. Thus, there is no way for you to test wake on LAN since your device is never going to suspension…

Our test steps:
1.Connect Ethernet cable and boot the Jetson Nano DevKit
2. Poweroff the Jetson Nano DevKit
3. Execute “wol <JND_MAC_ADDRESS>” on another machine

Hi joey_wang,

WOL only supports with low power mode as what we did on TX1/Xavier. However, Jetson Nano disable low power mode (you cannot suspend the device). Thus, I think you cannot test WOL.

The WOL is supported now. Please kindly try.

Do you mean the Devkit supports WOL now? How to enable it? by new S/W image?

Yes, please try below steps.

DUT:

Use ifconfig to find out broadcast addr and MAC addr

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 10.19.107.116  netmask 255.255.254.0 <b> broadcast 10.19.107.255</b>

inet6 fe80::297c:15fc:a46a:f3c8  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>

<b>ether 00:04:4b:ea:ba:d8 </b> txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)

sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol g #Enable WOL
sudo systemctl suspend #Put Nano in suspend mode

Host
sudo apt-get install wakeonlan
wakeonlan -i

We use image r322(2019-07-16) on the Devkit board. It can not go to suspend.
user@JetsonNano:~$ sudo su -
ethtool -s eth0 wol g
systemctl suspend

Failed to suspend system via logind: Sleep verb not supported

Are you using the Nano devkit that uses sdcard to boot?

Yes, we use the Jetson Nano devkit booting from SDcard.

Hi,

It only supports on B01 modules which use emmc to boot.

Can we put the B0 module on Devkit carrier board? How can we verify B01 module wake on lan function?

Please use the method in #13.

Can we put the B0 module on Devkit carrier board? Or we have to buy Bo module carrier board?