When will the Nvidia Drivers be released for macOS 10.15 Catalina?

Hello Nvidia Developers. Can we expect Nvidia drivers for macOS 10.15 Catalina soon or should we, Mac users, definitely switch to the other GPU hardware?

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good question. Can you please, Nvidia Developers, give us an answer ?

1 Like

Bumpity bump

The only reason I haven’t switched to AMD is due to them not having a comparable card to the GTX 1080. MacOS Mojave was a distaster for Nvidia (and especially for us stuck without drivers). Some community answers would be nice this time around.

Is there any sign of Nvidia web driver for mac os Mojave will be released? Do I have to change to AMD?

Has there been any attempt at an open source driver, I know linux does.

Apple is readying a new developer API for writing macOS device drivers. Will Nvidia use this new API in macOS 10.15 to release a compatible Nvidia Web Driver?

Very need NVidia Drivers and Cuda for macOS 10.15!

Next Year Same Time:

„- When will the Nvidia Web Drivers be released for macOS 10.16 -„

And we will not have any driver for Mojave or Catalina -.-

When will the Nvidia Web Drivers be released for macOS 10.17
When will the Nvidia Web Drivers be released for macOS 10.18
When will the Nvidia Web Drivers be released for macOS 10.19
When will the Nvidia Web Drivers be released for macOS 10.20

fuck apple and nvidia!

The situation has changed a little bit. Many big names announced support for Metal:

so Mac users may say ‘farewell Nvidia’ soon

This is the real reason there will be no drivers. Apple with AMD does not want any competition on new Mac systems.

This is extremely dissapointing :(

The reason may be also that Apple doesn’t want unstable graphics drivers in macOS. If Nvidia drivers for Mojave are of the same quality as for High Sierra, no wonder that the drivers are blocked by Apple. Especially now, when Apple pays more attention to the Pro market.

Imagine you have developed a hardware you want to sell. The hardware is swappable and a customer could use somebody’s else device what would you do?

I’d try to make better hardware with better drivers and better apps support than ‘somebody else’.

This is what Apple with AMD is doing.

With just a little bit of research on the net you can find many companies, etc. developing and selling hardware and software for the Mac platform that don’t have Apple’s explicit permission or Anointing Sceptre of Approval. Apple doesn’t care. Make drivers. Don’t make drivers. They’re too busy selling watches and phones.

After some thought, I’m pretty sure this whole thing that NVIDIA is spouting about Apple is somehow “controlling” from afar what drivers NVIDIA is allowed to publish is a load of big brown steamy horse manure.

Even if there was something on paper that prevented NVIDIA from doing so, as of the current state of things, it would be toothless. It would be an unenforceable non-compete clause that the lowest kangaroo court in the smallest most insignificant burg would immediately shoot down as unenforceable.

Even if NVIDIA agreed to it at the time, it wouldn’t hold up now. NVIDIA would have a fantastic and easily winnable case against Apple for interference with economic advantage. Unless Apple owned NVIDIA, they can’t control or interfere with NVIDIA’s abilities and efforts to sell to non Apple customers, especially when they’re not satisfying that channel to NVIDIA in the first place. It would be one thing if Apple was the sole customer buying all of NVIDIA’s cards. But that’s not the case here. You can’t forbid someone to provide their products and services to others when you, yourself aren’t buying them either. That’s so basic a caveman can understand it

So that’s against the law and NVIDIA knows it. A first year law school student could argue the case and win. And even Judge Ray Charles would be able to see it

So assuming NVIDIA legal knows this, it just stands to reason that it’s a load of crap and they’re choosing not to make or release drivers for some other reason.

So - with that in mind -----

Don’t hold your breath. Pascal drivers are a thing of the past. Just move on. Nothing more to see here.

What I think happened

NVIDIA flirted with Apple and now, like two teenage girls, they didn’t get along over something most likely ridiculous. Someone slept with someone else’s boyfriend and now the two are no speaking to each other.

The result - I’ve been around long enough to know a lame duck developer when I see one. Its always the same exact behavior. Blame Apple and then produce nothing.

So go grab all your NVIDIA cards, find your nearest electronic recycling center or wood chipper and have at it. Even if these two make up there will be a whole new line of cards out by then and these will be long in the rear view.

Ugh. I’m so tired of being victim to the whims of these companies - isn’t this what anti-trust was all about?

So much for the American Dream. I’m moving to Canada and building a Hackintosh.

1 Like

I can’t report this spammer moron. Please ban him.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/member/3100533/

well the same keepers cards that work on Mojave are also natively supported on Mac OS Catalina
but we still don’t know if we ever are going to have web drivers support for

Maxwell 900 series
Pascal 1000 series
Turing 2000 series

in Mac OS Mojave or Catalina
what is worse than waiting, is not knowing
because if we know then we don’t wait
no one wants to wait for nothing

anyway

keepers card are still supported for now
but those cards are a bit old
not a problem for someone with a budget system
but not good for someone with a high end system
that really wants to use their high end nvidia cards

only time will tell

The reason of hakintosh industry growth is not the price, is a confidence issue! Remember Imac users cant chose the graphic card! What your opinion: Stay forever with High Sierra?