New Jetson software, modules and pricing

NVIDIA is pleased to announce several exciting new Jetson product updates for production modules, developer kits, and the software stack used across the entire Jetson family. Jetson developer kits are intended for rapid prototyping and development, Jetson modules are production grade and used for final products, and NVIDIA JetPack SDK is the comprehensive software solution for both developing and deploying AI applications.

See the following updates being announced today:

• JetPack 4.2.1 - New features include support for NVIDIA Container Runtime for Docker, NGC, FreeRTOS, and beta support for INT8 in Xavier DLA. This version of JetPack enables installation and use of the latest DeepStream and Isaac SDKs. Available in July 2019.
  • DeepStream SDK 4.0 - Delivers a complete streaming analytics toolkit that now runs across all NVIDIA GPU platforms from Jetson to Tesla. It features turnkey integration with Azure IoT, hardware acceleration for encode/decode and optical flow, and support for multiple heterogeneous cameras. Available in July 2019.
  • Isaac 2019.2 – New capabilities include a GPU-driven machine learning and computer vision acceleration, time synchronization for sensor fusion, new Gems for model-based pose estimation and feature detection, path segmentation and mono camera depth estimation and a navigation stack for the Isaac SIM environment. Available in July 2019.
  • Announcing Jetson AGX Xavier 8GB, a new lower-power and lower-price Jetson AGX Xavier module. It delivers up to 20 trillion operations per second (TOPS) of AI performance while consuming only 20W or less. It is fully hardware and software compatible with the existing Jetson AGX Xavier, and is available from distributors worldwide for $599 (1KU+ Qty) starting August 2019.
  • Other updates for Jetson production modules:
    • The original Jetson AGX Xavier module is now available at a new price of $899 (1KU+ Qty).
    • The new Jetson TX2 4GB module is now available for order and is priced at $249 (1KU+ Qty).
    • Jetson Nano modules will be available in August 2019.
  • Increasing developer access to the Jetson platform with updated pricing for Jetson developer kits:

For more info about these Jetson product updates: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/autonomous-machines/embedded-systems/

Hi @dusty_nv,
What about FreeRTOS?
I’m curious about that new feature, but I cannot find info anywhere.

Walter

Hi Walter, there will be a FreeRTOS sample implementation provided for the Cortex-R5 / SPE core on Jetson TX2 and Jetson AGX Xavier. Stay tuned for the release for more details.

Hi @dusty_nv,

Don’t know if here is the right place for my question, but I hope you can help me.

I’m going to buy NVIDIA Jetson Nano for my master thesis project.
I need it online, then I would like to use 4G and I don’t know if USB modem is the right way.
So, could you suggest me a M.2 Key-E cellular modem for 4G connection please? Or other solutions?

Hope you can help me

Thank you

Jacopo

Hi Jacapo, you may be interested in these related threads from the Jetson Nano forum:

Hi @dusty_nv,

Does these updates are valid for all jetson developer kit types??(Nano, TX2, Xavier .etc)
After the release, DS4.0 can be used in TX2 and Nano right??

Also does the new DS4.0 version officially supports yolo network?
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1051973/deepstream-sdk-on-jetson/no-detection-with-yolo-for-deepstream-app/post/5348437/#5348437

Thank you,
Chris

Hello Everyone, I am using NVIDIA Jetson TX2 development kit. I want to know can I use CUDA Tool kit 10 in that device. This required all my programs are trained in GPU workstation having CUDA toolkit 10 installed in Ge-force RTX 2080 Ti. I need exactly same CUDA version in the TX2 board. Any suggestions? If anyhow, I can install and use cuda 10 in Jetson TX2 dev kit, then I think my problem may be solved.

I have an Jetson TX1 and have been waiting for the upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04.
Does Jetpack 4.2.1 allow for upgrading the TX1 to 18.04?

Sorry, the TX1 only works with 16.04. Although TX1 still gets patch releases feature releases no longer occur. FYI, the Nano has the same GPU and CPU architecture, is the least expensive model, and starts with 18.04, so if you really need 18.04 then you might consider moving to that.

The main jetpack page implies that the TX1 is going to get 18.04 in a future release.
And if the nano is based off similar hardware I wonder what is holding everything up.

I need the bluetooth, the wifi and camera which is all on the TX1 so getting another board that I would have to add hardware to is out of my budget right now.

Yes, when it comes out you will be able to flash JetPack 4.2.1 to your TX1 with Ubuntu 18.04 aarch64.

I know there were issue with using Jetpack on x86 18.04. I am asking about arm64 Ubuntu 18.04 for the TX1, Is that going to be available in 4.2.1?

I’d missed that TX1 was getting R32 upgrade, lots of happy people will be happy to know that. @king.seth, JetPack/SDKM 4.2 tool does indeed flash Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. 4.2.1 would just be a patch update of 4.2.

Hello,
Will the update include a newer version of TensorRT(>5.1.3) for Jetson AGX Xavier?

hello,How to upgrade the CUDA version of TX2 to 10.1 and tensorrt version to 5.1.2.2 my tx2 jetpack is 4.2 version,

Hi Radu.Ene, yes JetPack 4.2.1 will include TensorRT version 5.1.6 for Jetson AGX Xavier, TX1/TX2, and Nano.

Hi, when JetPack 4.2.1 comes out, you will be able to re-flash your Jetson TX1 to upgrade to the latest CUDA and TensorRT versions.

Update on JetPack 4.2.1 - we’re working on fixing a couple of last bugs to finalize the release, and regrettably the schedule has slipped slightly. JetPack 4.2.1 includes a raft of great features for all our Jetson products, and we look forward to sharing it soon - stay tuned!

Hi. Which CUDA version will be included in JetPack 4.2.1 for Jetson Nano? 10.0 or 10.1?

Hi ralf_s, JetPack 4.2.1 is using CUDA 10.0.